Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 z06 suspension/brake track upgrades

Old 10-30-2007, 09:21 PM
aspenripper
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 z06 suspension/brake track upgrades

anyone change shocks or upgrade to coilovers, and what about sway bars. camber kits. Also looking for brake rotor recomendations

Really looking to talk to someone who has set up car for track, ready to upgrade overwinter before next years HPDE events begin. Pfadt comments ?

Thanks Ed
Old 10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 76 Posts

This should start an interesting thread There are 100s of threads on this subject. But at the expense of getting flamed here is my .02 And this is the voice of experience.(a little) And not always a good experience I may add. Many of us have done the following, Safety first, harness bar and harnesses and seats, wheels and tires, CCWs and Michelin cups for me. Brakes!!!! the car needs better brakes for tracking. I ended up with Brembo's after spending $$ and making several mistakes. Spend the money and buy good brakes the first time. (call me if you want to hear the story about brakes) Then suspension, I went with Pfadt but you can spend from $2500.00 to $20,000.00. I just put the Pfadts on so I can't tell you much but most people seem to like them for the money, I'm on my way to VIR this weekend and will know more next week. Let me end by saying the car is a great track car with just the addition of good brakes and and you can have a ball with it on the track totally stock and a better brake system. One other suggestion is to go to Sping Mountain Sports and track the Z if you have not done so, their car, tires, gas, brakes, Money well spent and a great time. JD

Last edited by JDIllon; 10-31-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Harness, tires, brakes, then suspenion is my take also. Then you have DRM, LGM, and Hardbar for coil-overs also. HArdbar just did his with Penske coil-overs.

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-31-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 z06 suspension/brake track upgrades

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 z06 suspension/brake track upgrades