Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autocross Tech Inspections

Old 10-31-2007, 06:39 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Autocross Tech Inspections

Does SCCA provide for a one-time annual tech inspection? If they do, is it more stringent than tech at individual events? Is there some sort of ID or decal that is given out to identify such cars?

Our association is looking into doing an annual tech and certifying cars so it cuts down on the time it takes to get all of the entrants thru in the morning.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 PM
urtoslo
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SCCA techs road race cars annually. It's recorded in your vehicle log book.

Annual tech is not offered for autoxing. It shouldn't take long to tech a car for autox, ie check the bearings, lug nuts, battery, leaking fluids, helmet, throttle return and brake test. A couple of minutes per car ought to take care of all that.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Houston Region SCCA has an annual tech program. The provided a special sticker with the year on it to be stuck inside the windshield to prove you passed annual tech. I did it last year, and it was quite handy.

In order to qualify for the program, you had to prove that you could tech your own car at every event.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 PM
R Mackow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beleive if you buy a new SCCA rule book in this region and have a decent car(no beaters), you have the inspector sign your book at the first event of the year, then just show the book to tech at subsequent autox events.
At NCCC events they have gotten used to me telling them what's up and usually just wave me through.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It depends on the region. Some regions leave it up to the chief of tech to decide who can get an annual tech for autox. If you've demonstrated to the chief of tech that you can keep your car passable then they have the option of issuing the annual tech.

A local tech does not apply to regional or national events where your car will have to pass tech for each event. Your Prosolo Finale tech is good for the Solo Nationals Championship tech BTW.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 AM
astock165
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The New England region has an annual tech and I find it quite handy as well. You have to have a current rulebook and get tech'd @ your first event. They give you the annual sticker and you're done. By rule, a steward can inspect your car @ any time and if it fails tech then you have to go back to tech @ every event until the end of the season (but that rarely happens).

I find it saves me a lot of time but I don't know if save the organizers time as participants need to know about the program.

Get notified of new replies

To Autocross Tech Inspections

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autocross Tech Inspections