Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm moved back into the shop...

Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I'm moved back into the shop...

What a week...

Woodstove now heats better, draws better and has a 2ft. extension on the ducting... Life's good, but I'm tired, and as you can see, the floor will need some touch up!

Mike
Old 11-10-2007, 04:31 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I like your 2/3 scale Vette
Old 11-10-2007, 07:04 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Very Nice Looking Shop -- wish I had the lift. How about some details on the Z-Car project ---- for track use ??
Old 11-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Mike that's a no BS shop for really working on things... I love it.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
DoingOK
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
CI VIII Car Show Winner

Looks good Mike. Did you get your Shenandoah boo-boo fixed on that beauty?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:15 AM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

I don't see A/C
Old 11-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

YUp, TUrned out it was a drop link that snapped. I'm replacing all of them with adjustable racing units TRG. The rears are on, and I'm installing the fronts later today. I'm doing Maryland International Raceway tomorrow with the 6speedonline crew, and then doing Summit Point on Friday, Running the main circuit. So it's gotta be fixed by then!

Details on the Zcar project:

It's running an internally balanced and blueprinted Chevy 383 stroker, with all forged goodies. Aluminum Dart Conquest heads with a roller valve train. Should be at about 10.5:1 compression. I'm running a Holley programable Commander 950 FI system on it. It's also running a Summit Racing fuel cell and a custom 14Point Roll cage By Piper Motorsports. I'm using Kirkey Roadrace intermediate driver's seat and their budget intermediate seat for the passenger seat.

I used to fabricate and sell a complete control arm package for the Zcar, and at one time I was the only guy world-wide who made and sold an "on-car" adjustable kit. When I quit, I sent the plans for the kit out onto the internet so people could make their own. That setup is on the front of my car, with a cromoly custom rear setup from another vendor in the rear. I use camber plates on the towers to get a TON of camber if I need it top and bottom. I'm also using coil overs with Koni custom adjustable inserts. The hubs are custom aluminum racing units made for Mustangs, but offset for the stock Zcar backspacing. Zcars had horrible wheel selections, and since the Mustang cobra brake package is a pretty sweet setup, we went that route at the time. It uses Wilwoods Cobra two piece aluminumhat/rotor setup.

The rest of the drivetrain is a TKO600 tranny with a Mcleod blowproof bellhousing, a centerforce clutch setup and tilton hydraulics. The custom driveshaft hooks up to an infinity Q45 rear center (Bigger than a Ford 9inch ) with Speedway engineering custom rear axles rates at over 700#ft. of torque.

the car should be a real monster, weighing around 2200# and making over 400HP to the wheels. Spring 2008 Hopefully... poor project keeps getting pushed out every year...

dash wiring, rear brake mounts need to be made, and the fuel cell needs to be plumbed. That's it, besides doing the lexan rear window and having a windshield isntalled... And she'll be ready to de-bugg!

Mike
Old 11-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Forgot to mention, the wiring will be tidied up this week and the permit pulled for the electric company to come out and run the separate service. We're also replacing that garage door with one that will roll up the face of the ceiling, with a garage door opener. It'll be double walled with isulation.

Mike
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I thought I saw your name on hybridz, I posted on there last year a couple of times....I have a 73 240 that I was planning on doing what you have done. I still have the car, just no time or interest right now..

Looking to unload the car now...

Adam
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Adam, I'm one of the founding admins over there on HybridZ. I'd post it in the forsale section on HybridZ.

Mike
Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
vstol
Melting Slicks

Received 76 Likes on 74 Posts

What a difference since I came to visit you a few months ago. Looks great
Kevin

Get notified of new replies

To I'm moved back into the shop...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm moved back into the shop...