Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 which class where?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
steve J06
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C3 which class where?

Hi
I'm getting started in all this and currently running HPDE with stock C6. I have a '75 that i'd like to build for same and who knows maybe TT or W2W as funds allow. I've found the NASA classification info and what mods move you where but cannot find similar info for SCCA. I looked at their site and couldn't find a class for a car that old. Is this outside the scope of SCCA?
Note: main goal is to build/drive/have fun, not to be competitive as my pockets aren't that deep. I'm gonna build a hot rod either way and thought it might as well fit into a class.

steve
Old 11-20-2007, 10:37 PM
SteveC6R
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know as far as AutoX and TT, the SCCA puts that car in B Stock if it fits the stock class rules, BSP for light mods. As for road racing, don't have your answer.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the vintage racing groups on the left coast. VSRA and HSR are the biggest in the east and midwest. I have several friends racing C3 Vettes in Cali. VSRA accepts "non historic" cars if they meet certain standards. You will not believe the vintage equipment that shows up at these events, its a candy store of classic racers.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:04 PM
steve J06
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73-84 IMSA Widebody
Check out the vintage racing groups on the left coast. VSRA and HSR are the biggest in the east and midwest. I have several friends racing C3 Vettes in Cali. VSRA accepts "non historic" cars if they meet certain standards. You will not believe the vintage equipment that shows up at these events, its a candy store of classic racers.
Thanks,
I bet some real nice machines are still out there, not unlike your own.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
MistressMotorsports
Pro

Received 128 Likes on 62 Posts

In Ca. you're best bet for a real "class" is to run B Production with either VARA or HSR-West. These are both vintage wheel to wheel clubs. VARA is a little more (but not completely) purist when it comes to prep, HSR-West is kinda run what ya brung. I have run with both organizations and like them both. If you are more interested in TT or loosely organized wheel to wheel, then check out Speedventures or TCRA (Touring Car Club.) I haven't run with Speedventures but have heard nothing but good things about them. I used to run with TCRA a lot, and really liked them before I got more into vintage racing several years ago. With SV or TCRA, you can gradually build your car and just run TT until you are ready for W2W. I don't think SV does W2W, but TCRA definitely does. To run W2W with any of the above groups, you will need full race prep for the car and you. You can Gooogle the websites for each group as you desire.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To C3 which class where?

Quick Reply: C3 which class where?