Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Le Mans 24 HR Initial Invitations

Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2008 Le Mans 24 HR Initial Invitations

ALMS series teams invited: Audi (2 for P1), Autocon (1 for P1), Penske (2 for P2), Corvette Racing (2 for GT1), Risi (2 for GT2), and Flying Lizard (1 for GT2)

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/ac...D_2495_gb.html
Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hope LGM/Riley teams get the nod after they get on track
Old 11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
hope LGM/Riley teams get the nod after they get on track
They would have to come in 1st or second at Sebring to be considered. For a new team that will be one h%ll of a task, but all the luck in the world to our buddy Lou!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 95jersey
They would have to come in 1st or second at Sebring to be considered. For a new team that will be one h%ll of a task, but all the luck in the world to our buddy Lou!
what makes you say that? Is that the rules? I think if he shows they are contenders they may be ask. I see the regulations but don't feel like searching them now.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by John Shiels
what makes you say that? Is that the rules? I think if he shows they are contenders they may be ask. I see the regulations but don't feel like searching them now.
There are "automatic" invitations extended to the previous year's ALMS series class champions and Petit Le Mans race class winners. Automatic invitations are also extended to the previous year's LMS and FIA GT series champions, plus, I believe, the previous year's 1st and 2nd place class finishers of the Le Mans 24HR.

I believe, but am not sure, that anyone else may apply for an invitation but the final list of entrants plus alternates to round out the 55 car field is made by an ACO selection commitee.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by joemoia
There are "automatic" invitations extended to the previous year's ALMS series class champions and Petit Le Mans race class winners. Automatic invitations are also extended to the previous year's LMS and FIA GT series champions, plus, I believe, the previous year's 1st and 2nd place class finishers of the Le Mans 24HR.

I believe, but am not sure, that anyone else may apply for an invitation but the final list of entrants plus alternates to round out the 55 car field is made by an ACO selection commitee.

Thanks guys,

We also hope to perform well enough to be invited. A couple factors are in our favor if we do well at Sebring.

First, we are not just another Porsche team of the many porsche teams, we are an unusual car in the GT2 class that has never been in the class. So the fact that we are new and different will play a role.

Now all that could be moot if we finish on the podium at Sebring.

Can we do it? I will let you know in about 3 months after we test the car in anger when it is completed.

Right now the car on paper seems to be a contender. We know that the Riley Chassis and design will be first class. We know that the power potential is there, and we will have a good driver line up. the rest can boil down to luck.

will a Prototype car get anxious and punt us like they did at Atlanta to the GT1 Corvette? will first race mistakes come into play?

I am not getting any younger, so we don't want to wait till next year to be a better team, we want to come out of the box ready to go.

Thanks again for the props.

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Lou, Good Luck in GT2 Le Mans would be too cool Hope you get the chance!

Last edited by MattB; 11-28-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:56 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

onward to France
Old 11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Thanks guys,

We also hope to perform well enough to be invited. A couple factors are in our favor if we do well at Sebring.

First, we are not just another Porsche team of the many porsche teams, we are an unusual car in the GT2 class that has never been in the class. So the fact that we are new and different will play a role.

Now all that could be moot if we finish on the podium at Sebring.

Can we do it? I will let you know in about 3 months after we test the car in anger when it is completed.

Right now the car on paper seems to be a contender. We know that the Riley Chassis and design will be first class. We know that the power potential is there, and we will have a good driver line up. the rest can boil down to luck.

will a Prototype car get anxious and punt us like they did at Atlanta to the GT1 Corvette? will first race mistakes come into play?

I am not getting any younger, so we don't want to wait till next year to be a better team, we want to come out of the box ready to go.

Thanks again for the props.

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Lou,

You should also send your entry under the name Louis "Chevrolet" Gigliotti. My understanding is that the French fans love the Corvettes and associate them with the original Louis Chevrolet (even though he was acctually born Swiss, not French).
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

oui oui

I need to learn how to convert the little Italian that I know into French.

Did I tell you that I knew a little Italian...............He is about 3 ft tall

LG
Old 11-28-2007, 01:50 PM
HORNDAWG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia

Pretty much right on except it is the 1&2 in class in the LMS and FIA GT where the ALMS is split between 1st in class for the series and 1st at Petit. Also no more than 2 Auto-invites to any team. Here is how they are awarded.

1st and 2nd at 2007 Le Mans in each category
1st and 2nd in 2007 LMS in each category
1st at 2007 Petit Le mans in each category
1st in 2007 ALMS or 2nd in ALMS in each category if winner also won Petit Le Mans
1st and 2nd in 2007 FIA-GT in GT1 & GT2

(In that order)

L.P.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 Le Mans 24 HR Initial Invitations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Le Mans 24 HR Initial Invitations