Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

faster lap times ? lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
RaleighSS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default faster lap times ? lol

Ok... I understand a good bit about most stuff but do believe that the claim of this poduct to improve your lap time is a bit far fetched... well maybe on paper it is possible.. but think there are 1.2 million other things that are to factor in besides the type of wax ya use to make you go faster . I could be wrong..

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=326

Last edited by RaleighSS; 12-09-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:41 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree.
As stated in their ad “….reduces wind drag giving faster lap times by reducing friction.” But it doesn’t do anything for someone if they don’t know how to drive.
As with any product designed to make a car faster, it can be more than offset by poor driving. Therein lies the message experienced drivers repeat about the value of seat time. All of the many products available can probably provide some individual improvement in the hands of a driver who is not making mistakes.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It should work....on a boat. /:\
Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger Penske: "If you want to reduce your lap times by hundredths, work on the car. If you want to reduce your lap times by tenths, work on the driver."

The only reason I wax my racecar is that it makes it easier to clean up when it comes off the track.

Get notified of new replies

To faster lap times ? lol

Quick Reply: faster lap times ? lol