Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys I have a semi stupid question......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:47 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys I have a semi stupid question......

I have carpet in half my garage because I've been so lazy to trash it and when I park my car which sits more than I have time to drive it. My question is I've noticed that the car has started to sit about 1/2" lower on the drivers side front which in the side that is sitting on the concrete not the carpet. And the carpet is about 1/2" higher on the pass side. Long question short, can the height difference be that fact that half the car rests on concrete and half rests on carpet?

Signed,

Shahram...aka confused!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Is it like this when it's not sitting in your garage like out on the street?

The reason it could look like that is cause it is the carpet has given it that little up on the pass side
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Originally Posted by 97C5inSD
Is it like this when it's not sitting in your garage like out on the street?

The reason it could look like that is cause it is the carpet has given it that little up on the pass side
Yes, I noticed it on flat street.

Shahram
Old 12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Bump...
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Optical Delusion ... if not, then the car is toast and must be burned at the GM stake or shame pronto so as to save all the other Vettes. I know it is a sacrifice but you gotta do it for us man and you’ll be famous!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Originally Posted by rbl
Optical Delusion ... if not, then the car is toast and must be burned at the GM stake or shame pronto so as to save all the other Vettes. I know it is a sacrifice but you gotta do it for us man and you’ll be famous!

I trashed the carpet if that does not work I'll go adjusting the ride height.

Shahram
Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

I'm sure that's part of it, but keep in mind that the spring bolt ride height adjusters will (and do) turn which affects ride height. The front adjusters sit in the cradle of the lower A-arms so when the car hits bumps or corners hard, the A-arms move and the adjuster bolts slide on them. The problem is that they don't always slide...they turn...which subsequently changes your ride height.

The stock adjusters have a rubber end and the T1 adjusters have a hard plastic end to help them slide better...but they too still turn.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

These cars do not sit level and they aren't necessarily equal from side to side. Before you start jacking with the ride height you might think about finding somebody with a set of scales and corner weighting the car. You can end up with weird handling if you just decide to jack one end of the car around to get it to "look" right. The if you improperly jack weight from corner to corner you can end up with a car that oversteers in one direction and understeers going the other way. Without a set of scales you aren't likely to get it right. If you are just a waxer and don't drive the car to it's limits you probably won't notice it, but there are right ways to do it and just grabbing the screws and jacking around the ride height isn't it....
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Thanks gents. I gotta looks for some scales now!

Shahram

Get notified of new replies

To Guys I have a semi stupid question......

Quick Reply: Guys I have a semi stupid question......