Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Navigation question

Just on a whim, i thought I'd ask a question to those who have the navigation system on their car. Does it show the roadcourse on any of the tracks? Does the lady say "brake hard, turn right"?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:28 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of my joker friends around here claim I need to keep it on to help me stay on the track.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

I've only been to Brainerd Int'l with my factory nav system. Not only does it show the track, it had all the pit roads, return roads, service roads, interior spectator roads, etc. No voice assistance however.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:35 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
I've only been to Brainerd Int'l with my factory nav system. Not only does it show the track, it had all the pit roads, return roads, service roads, interior spectator roads, etc. No voice assistance however.
Yes, so far for me, it showed Pocono, Watkins Glen, Summit Point, even pit lanes. I left it on, but I always forget to look down and check it out...I guess doing 130mph, I should keep my eyes on the road anyway.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So it looks like all the major tracks are covered but no audio. I was just wondering about that. I suppose it's not a good idea to be looking at that thing while driving.

Get notified of new replies

To Navigation question

Quick Reply: Navigation question