Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Champ Car Tested With IRL At Homestead RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Champ Car Tested With IRL At Homestead RC

Did you guys hear about this? The details are sketchy and I can't find a lot of information about it online. I heard that Oriel Servia was testing with the IRL cars with a DP-01 from PKV Racing on the Homestead road course. I also heard that the Champ Car was 3 seconds quicker a lap. I guess they are trying to get a feel for if the cars would be compatible racing together for crossover events. They have yet to test together on an oval.

I've also heard that Champ Car left May open, so they could possibly have drivers from Champ Car race at Indy.

Are these the first signs of a possible merger? I certainly hope so!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this on Speed's site.

OPEN-WHEEL RACING BRIEFLY REUNITED

After 12 years and several failed attempts by different individuals, the two major open wheel racing series in this country finally got back together.

But it was only for a one-day tire test at Homestead, Fla.

Last Tuesday, the PKV team from Champ Car shared the track with the Indy Racing League's Andretti-Green stable for a Bridgestone/Firestone test.

Oriol Servia and AGR teammates Marco Andretti and Danica Patrick ran together on the 2.3-mile, 11-turn road course inside Homestead-Miami Speedway.

No official times were released but witnesses said Servia's Panoz-Cosworth was about three seconds a lap quicker than AGR's Dallara-Honda, mainly because of the long straightaway.

No media was allowed because, supposedly, neither sanctioning body wanted people to read too much into this brief unification.

Quick Reply: Champ Car Tested With IRL At Homestead RC