Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT experience today at Sube Sports in Huntington Beach, CA

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:19 PM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default GREAT experience today at Sube Sports in Huntington Beach, CA

Hey guys, just thought I would pass this along. I have also posted in C4 Tech.

I'm currently doing the solid axle swap w/ roll cage so I'm also looking for some racing seats.

Though they are pricey, I wanted to take a look at the Cobra brand of seats.

That led me to Sube Sports in Huntington Beach, CA. Though I live in KY, my company's headquarters are in SoCal so I'm out here once a month or so. I stopped by Sube today and the President/Owner Chad DiMarco probably spent a solid half hour with me answering a lot of my questions and giving me the info I wanted.

I was VERY impressed. That type of service these days is pretty much unheard of.

And no, not affiliated with them in any way, just VERY impressed.

Their website is: http://www.subesports.com/

They sell all types of racing gear: seats, harnesses, etc.

As a side note, I also went by Sparco headquarters in Irvine and no one seemed to have a clue . . . . .
Old 12-12-2007, 10:50 PM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Cobra Seats

Did you happen to sit in one of the Cobra Sebring seats? If so, what was your impression. I was considering one of these for my car.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
emf
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup . . . Sube Sports has always been a good shop for stuff like that. Conveniently located, usually not too busy, and they stock most of the stuff that you'll end up needing.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:59 PM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SDF
Did you happen to sit in one of the Cobra Sebring seats? If so, what was your impression. I was considering one of these for my car.
Nope, just a leather Daytona and the Misano.

My car is being set up for drag racing but I still want to run on the street a lot so the Sebring is a little much for me.

I "think" they had one there though.

So what I'm looking at is quite a bit different than what you are looking at. Right now it's looking like I'm going to get the Misano. Chad said they just came out with a 30th anniversary edition of the Misano that he said was really cool with a black/grey pattern so I'm waiting for him to send me some pics of that.

After seeing Sparco's in person and then Cobra's in person, I have to say Cobra seems several notches above the Sparco's. (and of course you see this in the price as well)
Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 AM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, thanks for the reply!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

We bought a monaco and put it in our C4. Sube drop shipped it and the seat is far above it's meeger price tag. I think that Sube is the only Cobra importer in the US as well.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I bought my Cobra Sebring there.

It is nice to be able to walk into their small showroom and actually sit in all the different seats. There must be more than a dozen different ones to try out.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:56 AM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AUTO_X_AL
We bought a monaco and put it in our C4. Sube drop shipped it and the seat is far above it's meeger price tag. I think that Sube is the only Cobra importer in the US as well.
Yeah, pretty sure they are indeed the only one.

I think you can order them from other places but they still come from Sube.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
DVNCI
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Olitho
I bought my Cobra Sebring there.

It is nice to be able to walk into their small showroom and actually sit in all the different seats. There must be more than a dozen different ones to try out.

Where I live in KY there is nothing like Sube - probably in the entire Southeast there are only 1 or 2 places that actually have a showroom. Everyone else just sells stuff online and barely keeps inventory it seems. So it was a HUGE help to me to be able to go by there. I was 75% sure I was going to buy a Sparco until yesterday. Now I'm pretty much postive I'm buying a Cobra.

Get notified of new replies

To GREAT experience today at Sube Sports in Huntington Beach, CA

Quick Reply: GREAT experience today at Sube Sports in Huntington Beach, CA