Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRAND-AM: First 90 Minutes of Rolex 24 to be Simulcast at Times Square

Old 12-24-2007, 06:32 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default GRAND-AM: First 90 Minutes of Rolex 24 to be Simulcast at Times Square

SPEED and FOX Sports will offer 17 hours of team coverage from the 46th running of the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona on Jan. 26-27, with the first 90 minutes of the event simulcast on the 1,400-square foot News Astrovision by Panasonic Screen prominently located at One Times Square in New York .

"The Rolex 24 has re-emerged as the event I fell in love with when I first covered it for television in the early '80's," said SPEED/FOX Sports host Bob Varsha . "Back then, everyone, and I mean everyone, converged on Daytona in January to shake off the winter blues. Why that magic went away is a long story, but Grand-Am has recaptured it.

"The Rolex 24 driver lineup is a race fan's dream, and the stock car and open-wheel boys and girls know this isn't a cameo; the Rolex Series regulars are fast and know all the tricks in these cars," Varsha added. "Sure, it's a one-off for the visiting stars with no points to worry about, but everyone's goal, series regular or hired gun, is to put a win in the Rolex 24 at Daytona on their resume. The new Pirelli tires are wicked fast, and while winning any 24-hour race is no weekend at the golf course, the Rolex is simply flat-out, all the time. The weather is always a factor, as are the long hours of darkness, and racing luck can send the biggest star home humbled. Just ask Tony Stewart. I can't wait."

Rolex 24 at Daytona broadcast schedule (all time ET and subject to change):

• Jan. 26, 1-2:30 p.m. - FOX (simulcast in Times Square )
• Jan. 26, 2:30-10 p.m. - SPEED
• Jan. 27, 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. - SPEED

Varsha will be joined in the booth by former racers David Hobbs and Dorsey Schroeder, who will provide analysis, and Leigh Diffey, who will deliver play-by-play. Brian Till, Calvin Fish, Chris Neville and Andrew Marriott will be reporting from the Daytona pits.

SPEEDtv.com will offer exclusive insightful Rolex 24 at Daytona news and analysis from testing to the checkered flag, plus behind the scenes reports and driver blogs, photo galleries and more, updated throughout the event.

The 15.5 hours of live coverage on SPEED is up two hours from 2007.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GRAND-AM: First 90 Minutes of Rolex 24 to be Simulcast at Times Square