Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK...what are the things that can lower or raise

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:09 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK...what are the things that can lower or raise

front ride height?? The reason I ask is because in the I've in the past month have noticed that all the sudden the right front is higher than the left front. I've tried adjusting the ride height with the adjusters to no avail! So I freaking tore the entire front suspension apart and at the same time I did order the West Coast Corvette lowering adjusting bolts just in case and they should be here on this Wednesday, while I was there anyway!! I have check the spring, shocks, links, ball joints , spring bushings bolts nuts etc etc etc..I can't find a F*&KING thing! I replaced my stock stuff with the '04 Z06 suspension over a year ago and until recently NO problems what so ever! I'm stumped!! Help before I pull out my .50cal Desert Eagle!!

Shahram

Ps...I switched the shocks from the righ to the left and vosa vera......also thinking about swapping the spring on the front leaf from left to right.....The front spring has to right or left right??

Last edited by LRD VDR; 12-31-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are your measuring points? The fender can move, and check your air pressures. FWIW

Also the rubber bumper on the lowering bolt needs time to "flatten out" after moving it at all. It's not symetrical once it's been compressed.

Last edited by TedDBere; 12-31-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:45 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Originally Posted by TedDBere
Where are your measuring points? The fender can move, and check your air pressures. FWIW

Also the rubber bumper on the lowering bolt needs time to "flatten out" after moving it at all. It's not symetrical once it's been compressed.
Regardless where I measure, its all the same the left front is lower than the right front. But I think you hit the nail on the head....after looking at the factory adjusters the rubber is pretty distorted. I did order the WCC adjusters and am waiting for them to get hear and put my car back together.

Shahram
Old 12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

How different are the front ride heights? a little (like 1 to 2/16ths) or a lot? 1/2"+

I've got my car 50/50 corner weighted and the difference in front ride height was 3/32nds (with driver weight in car), measured at the front transport hook hole on the rocker. I would expect the left side to drop slightly when the driver/weight is in.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:19 PM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Originally Posted by GO_BLUE_VETTES
How different are the front ride heights? a little (like 1 to 2/16ths) or a lot? 1/2"+

I've got my car 50/50 corner weighted and the difference in front ride height was 3/32nds (with driver weight in car), measured at the front transport hook hole on the rocker. I would expect the left side to drop slightly when the driver/weight is in.
With me out of the car, its exactly 1" lower on the L/F than it is on the R/F!!! Like I said I've tore apart the suspension and can't find a freaking thing!

Shahram
Old 01-01-2008, 04:35 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

blown shock seal
Old 01-01-2008, 08:37 AM
hemipanter
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LRD VDR
front ride height??
the right front is higher than the left front.
Shahram
What is the rear ride height like, is the left rear lower than the right?
Also, do check corner weight.
Regards
Goran
Old 01-01-2008, 11:41 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Originally Posted by hemipanter
What is the rear ride height like, is the left rear lower than the right?
Also, do check corner weight.
Regards
Goran
Rear is Puuurfect on bothe sides! Shock seals are not blown either....already checked them. Since I'm already there should I rotate the leaf spring 180 degrees?? There is not a ride side or left side on the front spring is there? I don't remember there being so when I installed the Z06 springs.

And I really do appriciate all the help on this matter gents.

Shahram
Old 01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

There is not a ride side or left side on the front spring is there? I don't remember there being so when I installed the Z06 springs.Shahram
I've swapped some springs and I don't recall there being a front/back to them. I'd be surpised if a properly installed spring could result in a 1" ride height difference. Perhaps the spring is not centered on the car. That would cause the adjustment pads to sit in different places on the lower A-arm. The stock z06 springs have lots of curve to them.

You could take some measurements of the spring with the wheels off and compare. If you suspect the spring is somehow unlevel/unequal put the car up on level jackstands, disconnect sway bar and lower ball joint and then the two shock mount bolts to drop the a-arm. You can then compare the symmetry of the spring. Also, you can see where the pads hit the a-arm on both sides.

When did the problem start, after you upgraded springs? Maybe you have a bad spring.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
hemipanter
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rear is Puuurfect on bothe sides! Shock seals are not blown either....already checked them. Since I'm already there should I rotate the leaf spring 180 degrees?? There is not a ride side or left side on the front spring is there? I don't remember there being so when I installed the Z06 springs.

And I really do appriciate all the help on this matter gents.

Shahram
Hi again!

If the rear is the same height both sides and you adjust the front to perfect, the rear will be in different height. It looks like a fender or any part of the outer shell has lost location rather than that the springs are wrong.
Thart is why I ask you to check cornerweight, becouse if something is wrong with the outer shell and you correct it with springs, corner value will suffer and by that the car driving behaviour.
Regards
Goran Malmberg
Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 PM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Take some pictures and post.

Where are you measuring the 1" difference from?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:05 PM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Originally Posted by GO_BLUE_VETTES
Take some pictures and post.

Where are you measuring the 1" difference from?
Fender gap and radiator support to ground. Still waiting on parts to put it back together!

Shahram

Get notified of new replies

To OK...what are the things that can lower or raise

Quick Reply: OK...what are the things that can lower or raise