Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator w/ EOC install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Cadex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator w/ EOC install?

I have an 08 MN6 non-Z51 C6 I'm planning a radiatior with integrated left side oil cooler for the autocross and 5-7 HDPEs annual fun. Either the Dewitts, Ron Davis, or LG are the top three and the radiator install should be straight forward. My question is for the oil lines and adapter required for my non-Z51. The 08 service manual is not available yet.

Anyone have any oil line/adapter installation problems or difficulty for their non-Z51 or a writeup? One picture I found had the headers removed...I hope nothing like that.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey buddy, I can get you the Dewitts Radiator with EOC included. Plus the Lingenfelter Oil adapter and Left side braided stainless lines. All the fittings everything.

$995 shipped from DeWitts

Same setup I have, except I have an external oil cooler. For NA I like the setup suggested.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

I really like the Doug Rippie setup. The radiator/cooler is pretty similar between them all, but DRM has (in my experience) the best block adapter. They sell a nice, complete kit, which should eliminate last minute trips to the parts shop.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Cadex
Intermediate

First, thank you both for the responses. How was the actual install for either of you with your oil adapter and lines? I haven't had a chance to crawl under the car and look to gauge the install difficulty of the oil adapter and lines (headers off or not, engine mounting block etc). I'm hoping it is not a PITA. Lines to the radiator and the actual radiator shoudl be straightforward.

..and I do have an inquiry in with Dewitts and Ron Davis for the same question(s)...holiday season right now.

Bowmanized...I'll PM you on the Dewitts setup. Haven't seen the Lingenfelter setup...I'll research a bit.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadex
Haven't seen the Lingenfelter setup.
I can help with that....

The Lingenfelter or LPE GM Gen III, Gen IV V8 oil cooler adapter is designed to allow the installation of an oil cooler on GM Gen IV V8 engines including the LS1, LS6 and LS2. The LPE adapter is machined from a single piece of 6061 aluminnum (no separate fititngs) and is then black hard coat anodized for additional durability. The adapter features #10 AN fittings for the oil inlet/outlets along with a port for the oil temperature sensor and oil feed line. This adapter was specifically designed to reduce oil pressure drop over other designs on the market and will retain the factory oil filter location.

$95 Kit includes gasket and bolts.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Cadex
Intermediate

thanks for the pictures Tom. Clears up several questions I had. Looks like a great adapter, though I like the idea of the factory GM kit with built in bypass mentioned after a few forum searches. Took a look under the car and the hard lines from the factory look feasible with....patience. And yes I know you offer the factory kit...just need to convince the boss a new toy for Santa's sleigh is needed soon.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

I installed a DRM/RD right side EOC on my C5Z (stock exhaust - no headers). DRM provided adaptor, gasket, lines, pre-fitted with "L" fittings on -AN 10 lines. Biggest problem I had was that I double-sheathed one line with high-temp foil tubing, then with electrical conduit over-protect. Shoved the L connector & line thru the space between the pan wing and the engine mount (had to go thru the space; couldn't snake it in from below, as there wasn't enough clearance between pan wing and mount/frame rail. In order to get the second line thru the remaining space, had to back off the sheathing to give enough room. It all worked out tho, and I'm a happy camper.
Don't know what your pan looks like relative to engine mounts.

Get notified of new replies

To Radiator w/ EOC install?

Quick Reply: Radiator w/ EOC install?