Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Ben01C5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Suspension question

I have an 01 with F-45 Suspension. I ordered a set of Bilsteins and some Z06 sways. Should I also upgrade to metal endlinks?
The car is a weekend toy, but I am not taking to any roadcourse races wither. i a, just looking to do some upgrades as the suspension is 7 years old.

Thanks for any help,
Ben
Old 01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

In a word Yes.....

The plastic end links can break with the stiffer bars.. Might as well get rid of them while you are in there....
Old 01-15-2008, 01:27 PM
craig-o
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I did this same modification in stages about 2 years ago; yes, you'll want to change the endlinks as well. You'll be halfway there when you remove the old sway bar, so it's only the marginal cost of the new end links.

This new setup will significanlty improve the handling of your car, and I was shocked (pun intended) to see what a difference in ride the Billsteins made. The ride is much stiffer, and certainly noticable on any concrete freeway with expansion joints. It's not harsh, but it is much stiffer. I thought that kind of change would only come with new springs, but the Bilsteins alone did it.

This setup is a huge improvement for HPDE days!

Get notified of new replies

To Suspension question

Quick Reply: Suspension question