Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Youtube video is up from Sebring ALMS GT2 tire test

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:03 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Youtube video is up from Sebring ALMS GT2 tire test

Hi guys,

The Youtube video is up from our Sebring ALMS GT2 Corvette tire test.

Much easier to view and much shorter.

Still great in car views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ZbH3UWRVU

Some information on the test car. It was our #28 World challenge car with tires similar to what we will be running in the GT2 class in ALMS and hopefully LeMans.

The GT2 car will be much better and have wider tires on it. Plus our GT2 car will be a Riley Technologies built Corvette GT2 car starting with a C6 Corvette.

We will be using the LS3 Corvette engine with the correct restrictors.

The tire brand will be announced very soon.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 01-16-2008, 09:49 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Lou,

I watched the big one (just awesome video, btw!), and had one question I just remembered to ask:

How does the transmission system know how much to blip the throttle on a downshift? Upshifts I understand, just interrupt the throttle during the shift, but it seems to me that the system has to be smart enough to raise the rpms the correct amount, which would vary for each change.

Or, is it not that tight a tolerance?

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us here on the forum, and have a good one!

Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
Lou,

I watched the big one (just awesome video, btw!), and had one question I just remembered to ask:

How does the transmission system know how much to blip the throttle on a downshift? Upshifts I understand, just interrupt the throttle during the shift, but it seems to me that the system has to be smart enough to raise the rpms the correct amount, which would vary for each change.

Or, is it not that tight a tolerance?

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us here on the forum, and have a good one!

Mike
Mike,

The down shifts are accomplished just like your transmission. I have to blip the throttle with my right foot.
It is a little easier since I am left foot braking, so I have an easier time with the throttle since I don't have to heel/toe like we did with the old normal H pattern transmission.

Clutch only gets used to leave the pits and starts then flat shift on the up shifts and blip for down shifts.

too much fun, right

LG
Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the privilege of driving an older ASA car that had been converted for road course duty. It had a four speed trans that was shifted the same way. I quickly realized it wasn't as easy as it sounds for the downshifts. Never having driven something like that, I was always blipping at the wrong time. I would sure like to try it again though. The no lift upshifts were great. And it was too much fun.

Ken
Old 01-16-2008, 11:25 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
too much fun, right

LG
Man, that would be a blast! Thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe one day I'll get someone to let me drive a sequential shift car like that (probably a kart, which would still be fun).

Have a good one,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Youtube video is up from Sebring ALMS GT2 tire test

Quick Reply: Youtube video is up from Sebring ALMS GT2 tire test