Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any home shop bender for roll cages available?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Any home shop bender for roll cages available?

Looking into rebuilding my race cage and to long a wait for any shops around here.

I can weld decently enough but need to know of any affordable home shop class benders that will handle 1.750x.095 DOM, max bend will be 45 degrees.

Any ideas let me know!

------------------------

Rick
Old 01-18-2008, 11:54 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will once again again recommend http://www.tcdesignfab.com/ in NorCal. You're in Utah. Tony isn't too far away, and he's absolutely awesome.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:07 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks again I have been sick, my business is going crazy, not enough rest, forgetful lately.

I will give him a call and maybe I can just have the tubes bent if they are to busy to do the install. I weld better than some work I have seen pass inspection, allot better than some of it in fact!

I just do not want to wait as it holds up a ton of other projects and I am probably pulling off the roof tomorrow or Sunday to sway to, something else

Then again, I really do not have the time to take the car there and then go get it and just paid to have it shipped once already. There is one more shop option in Utah but not holding my breath while trying to get in.

Rick

Last edited by RAAMaudio; 01-19-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Definitely call Tony. I wish I could say my name would make a difference, but it won't. His cage work is amazing. I love my RX7 cage, and I will definitely work with him if I do the Miata or the Corvette. His cages are known as "the best" in NorCal right now.

Don't feel bad. He's not the cheapest down here, but from everything I've seen, and from my own cage, he's regarded as the best. If you have trouble I can dig up some other local (NorCal) cages guys... they've done a lot of Mazdas, but they're good folks.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Tom03Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The JD2 is a very popular bender

http://www.vansantent.com/tube_bending_machines.htm
Old 01-19-2008, 10:54 AM
z28cp
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speedway Motors has a very nice unit.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/6614...pe-Bender.html
Old 01-19-2008, 11:12 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by TAF Motorsports
+1 on model3 I use it and the mandrel bends are perfect. I used 1.75x120 dom. check your regs because many bodies want 120 wall over 3000lbs at least on the rollover hoop
Old 01-19-2008, 01:13 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Oops. Apologies for misinterpretting the question. I thought you were looking for a "bender" the person, not the tool. :-)

There's more to getting a roll cage right than just bending the tubes and welding them together, though. Everything needs the correct angles to actually work in a crash and keep you safe...
Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Thanks guys, I found the setup I want, software chassis design as well for proper angles, local buddy has the same setup he has not used yet so buying his and ordering one for him so I do not have to wait

http://www.xtremecrawlers.com/catalo...kage-p-39.html

I am getting the mid pack software, 1.75 240 degree die, POD tool not listed and the industrial notcher.

------------------

I will practice my welding until excellent at it, will built beyond spec, going to be fun

And I can build my son and later my daughters setups when they start racing.

My car will be well under 3k lbs, 095 tubing is going to be used to save even more weight and legal, and safe

------------------

Fun times ahead!!!!

Rick
Old 01-19-2008, 04:59 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

xtremecrawlers...interesting site, I grew up racing jeeps......maybe thats why I spend so much time OFF the track.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

http://www.lowbucktools.com/benders.html

I've got one of these. If you are doing a single cage, especially a simple rear bar only, it works great. If you are doing serious bending, your arms will wear out for pumping.

While it is hydraulic, and manual, it has a nice mandrel and makes very clean bends.

Get notified of new replies

To Any home shop bender for roll cages available?

Quick Reply: Any home shop bender for roll cages available?