Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e-track

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 03:31 AM
mousecatcher
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-track

has anyone put etrack on the floor of their open deck trailer? in order to use wheel bonnet type straps.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:54 AM
jdonnelly
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful, the load rating for most E and A track as well as the straps/connectors that attach to the track have low (ish) load ratings. I have seen trailers with E track on the floor, but most use it to secure "stuff" to the sides of an enclosed trailer. There is a pretty good chance that the track will rust if left out in the weather. I have been towing cars for a long time.

My recommendation is overkill. Get your car up on the trailer along with tools,tires,battery.... Then get the tongue weight around 500-700 pounds (you have to be a little creative, I got 4 people to stand on my rear bumper and measured the height from the ground to some painters tape on the rear bumper). Set your car put on your straps and mark the best location for the tie down points. Then use Heavy Duty D rings.

You may want to also use a stop (chock) so you know where to position the car when you drive on or just a paint stripe. I hope this helps. Good luck with your new rig.

Jeff

Quick Reply: e-track