Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB -Street/Track/Open Road Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:10 PM
ruf455
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default WTB -Street/Track/Open Road Car

I am looking for a capable part time track car retaining street driveability. I would prefer to drive to the track and home at the end of the day. I am not looking to compete, just play in some open club events at a local track (www.harrishillroad.com) here in central texas.

Basically, I am more interested in a durable car with finished suspension/brake/chassis mods. The more complete and extensive modded, the better. It needs to handle flat, corner hard, and stand up to some abuse.

I am most interested in a M6 foremost. I'd really like an LT1 car.

I am not looking for a $15K+ dedicated stripped out road racer.

Minor cosmetic issues are ok, as are minor mechanical issues. If the trans, rear or engine is shot, it needs to be cheap for my interest to peak. But if the CAR fits the bill, and these are out of service, that is ok as long as the price is reasonable and the car is geographically close.

I am not at the moment looking for a stock M6 F-body/C4 unless the price is right: i.e. high miles, low price, etc. (i.e. room in my budget to add on suspension and brakes and keep the total cost down). I'd prefer some mods already in place.

Keep it under 10K and let me know.

Email is the BEST way to contact me: ruf455@msn.com
Old 01-29-2008, 02:11 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One consideration: If you don't trailer to and from events, you are a little hosed when something goes bad. Then there's tires. You can use street tires at DEs and that is largely a good thing, but eventually you will want to go to stickys, and that means either a tire trailer or trailering the car.

If you trailer the car you will, in a pinch, be able to help others. I've had friends break down at the track and was able to help them get home by the simple expedient of carrying street and track tires in my truck.

Some things to think about as you get further into this interesting hobby.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
ruf455
Drifting

I should clear it up a bit. I am not going to do this very often. Maybe four or five outings a year and some spirited drives through the hill country. I was not intending on trailering. I do have a rig to pull with, but I would rather carry a few spares (rotors, pads, spare wheel/tire) and basic patch work items if something gets hosed. I've drag raced, autox, and small road coursed before, and always carried the basics, but never trailered. If something big goes boom, then I'll just have to work it out from there. I am looking for something with more of a street flare than full out race. I'd like to be able to travel with the car in relative comfort. We could always haul a small trailer behind our C5 and change things out at the track, but the wife would rather not beat on that car. Something to play responsibly with is what I am shooting for. I just know that you guys tune your cars with the right shocks, bushes, springs, breaks, etc., so I figured I would dip in here to fish the interest out there.

I'll start small (small is what my pocket will allow) and go from there. Relaxed, conservative laps, weather its autox, or track club events is what I am shooting for.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I was thinking about upgrading to a C5 this spring, however I'm looking to get $15k out of my 96. There isn't much the car doesn't have, let me know if you are interested.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:40 AM
ruf455
Drifting

15K is a bit over what I am looking to spend, however send some details and pictures my way.

ruf455@msn.com

Thank you to all of those individuals who have emailed and responded!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:57 AM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I was thinking about upgrading to a C5 this spring, however I'm looking to get $15k out of my 96. There isn't much the car doesn't have, let me know if you are interested.
You would not go wrong with Joel's car. I'd find alittle extra doe and go fo it. He needs to move on to the C5
Tim
Old 01-30-2008, 12:11 PM
yakisoba
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck in your search. I've seen some interesting C4s on a well-known auction site that's local to central Texas. Would love to see more folks out on the road course!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
ruf455
Drifting

Originally Posted by TmillerC5
You would not go wrong with Joel's car. I'd find alittle extra doe and go fo it. He needs to move on to the C5
Tim
I'll wait for his email. I was trying to stay under 10K, but...

What auction sites? Throw a guy a bone!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ruf455
I'll wait for his email. I was trying to stay under 10K, but...

What auction sites? Throw a guy a bone!
Spec Miata
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TmillerC5
Tim
Hey Tim,
I can't to seem to find many pictures of my car, do you have any of me passing you??? J/K (be nice remember I will be working on your car this spring)
I look forward to joining you soon in the ranks of the C5 drivers.

O.K. back on topic, I've sent the e-mail let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
ruf455
Drifting

Originally Posted by parkerracing
Spec Miata
I've thought about it

Get notified of new replies

To WTB -Street/Track/Open Road Car

Quick Reply: WTB -Street/Track/Open Road Car