Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autopower Roll Bar Install

Old 02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
jaybar
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Autopower Roll Bar Install

This was posted in the tech section with no replies, so I thought I would give it a try here.

Autopower Roll Bar Install

I bought an Autopower "roll bar" used, so I have no instructions.

The bar would be a "street" type. I got it just to have a place to attach my shoulder harness and to mount a camera. A Hard bar would have done but the price was right for the Autopower.

This model mounts on the upper rear deck. There are no legs going down to the floor. It just mounts in 4 places. Two legs 4 bolts each, mount on the rear deck. There are two legs going to the rear that have two bolts each.

So before I go pulling apart the carpet etc. does anyone have any pictures of an install or maybe some advice on the mounting?

BTW I have a 00FRC
Old 02-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Z07coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked with http://www.autopowerindustries.com/rollbars.asp
and requested instructions? I'm sure they would help you.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have one of their "bolt-in" 4-pt bars in my C5 Z06, so same body as yours. The installation required welding 4 plates to the car. Two at the top of the bulkhead behind the seats and the other two alongside the well in the trunk. I bought it from and had it installed at a local shop. Since it was their first Z06 install, a guy from Autopower (it is a San Diego company) came over and guided them on how to do it.

PM me with an e-mail address and I can send you some pictures.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:56 AM
jaybar
Racer

PM sent, Thanks

Now I am getting nervous, I had not planed on welding etc. I will wait till I see the pictures till I make my final decision.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
bgx12
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Autopower Roll bar just came in yesterday. I have the race roll bar and I did find some pictures on line of the welding plates. It does not seem like a big deal. Plus, if you ever take it out the you can carpet right back over the top. I will also forward pictures of my install.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
jaybar
Racer

Originally Posted by bgx12
My Autopower Roll bar just came in yesterday. I have the race roll bar and I did find some pictures on line of the welding plates. It does not seem like a big deal. Plus, if you ever take it out the you can carpet right back over the top. I will also forward pictures of my install.
Thanks, look forward to getting them. jayb(at)pobox.com

Tell me where on line did you find pictures of the welding plates?

Get notified of new replies

To Autopower Roll Bar Install

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autopower Roll Bar Install