Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I finally finished my homemade GPS timer

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default I think I finally finished my homemade GPS timer

This isn't a commercial adventure but it certainly has taken allot of time and it works well. I've had these at the track last year and I finally got it finished last week. Now I need another project!

I made a little demo video here:
GPXT Demo
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice unit - how does mount to the dash? Would you consider selling these? I might be interested
Old 02-06-2008, 09:17 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PaConehead
Nice unit - how does mount to the dash? Would you consider selling these? I might be interested
I got some mounting stuff from ProClip. One for the windshield and one for any other surface to permanently mount. Both work great ~ $30 and the unit can be instantly removed from the mount. They have all sorts of mounting systems that would work great for cameras, or about anything else. The one I am using is a 202008. In the Corvette I can also put my bullet camera on it for video.

I just have a few available. I did it as a fun project, not a commercial enterprise to make money, but I didn't realize how well it would turn out. I thought some of the other track junkies might like to see the video. I would have to sell a thousand to recover my time! I designed it to do what I wanted on-track and left all the big time data logging to the commercial guys. I even had predictive lap timing in it but decided to remove it because it was just too much information to process on-track. There is a web site link on the video page with some more info and a manual.

Get notified of new replies

To I think I finally finished my homemade GPS timer

Quick Reply: I think I finally finished my homemade GPS timer