Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Racing Invites You to the NASA Race in June

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default Pfadt Racing Invites You to the NASA Race in June

Mark your calendar for June 13-15 because Pfadt Racing is formally inviting YOU to the NASA race and HPDE at the Miller Motorsports Park this summer!

Online Registration Link

As you’ve probably already heard, we’re offering a contingency reward program with NASA if you race, time trial, or HPDE a Corvette. We expect over 50 Corvettes at this event! Come out to Utah for amazing scenery, drive Alan Wilson’s flagship track, and compete against some of the best Corvette drivers in the country!

Here’s what you should expect at our event:
• 4.2 mile full track race
• 4400 foot front straight away!
• HPDE 4, Time Trials, and Wheel to Wheel Racing
• Warm up, qualifying, and main race on both Saturday and Sunday
• Over 50 Corvettes in attendance
• Beautiful facilities both for racing and viewing
• Pfadt Racing Team member special hospitality
• All Corvettes eligible for raffles and camaraderie

The Super Touring classes promise to provide exceptional competition. We've talked to many of you who are considering coming from as far away as the east coast. This post can be a resource for those trying to coordinate cross-country race car transport.

The full track will be available on Friday for test and tune. You can register directly with Miller and the cost is expected to be $375 for the day.

We’re working on reserving a block of rooms in Salt Lake with easy access to the highway. We’ll post the details asap.

This will be a race you won't want to miss!

-Aaron

Last edited by Aaron Pfadt; 03-20-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:46 AM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Sweeeeeet!

I Can't wait Been waiting over a year for this!!

This is a really cool track, it will take all three days to get the most out of it! And NASA is planning on changing the track configuration during the weekend, which should make it even more interesting.

If anyone has a chance to do this they should, this is a first class facility and is a blast in a Vette

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Default Miller Garage Space

We are continuing to make preparations for the race. We have reserved group of the day garages in the middle of the paddock for Pfadt Team/Corvette hospitality. We will also have a big area in the paddock adjacent to the garages roped off for a Corvette drivers to pit in. Its going to be a first class race at the premier motorsports facility in the US.

Remember it is three days of racing, so it is worth it to travel a ways to get to this track. We all can play Ron Fellows for the weekend.

They'll certainly be a nice prize for the longest tow. I know some of you Easterners have been waiting for a chance to run on this track. This is your chance. You can even rope it into a nice tour of Yellowstone or Moab while you are in the area.

Just check out the 4.5 mile full track.

Here is a link to the interactive version of the map.

Stay tuned for more details on accommodations etc...

-Aaron
Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have around 800 miles at MMP so far, most in another car and just one day in my Vette. I love the chance to let it all hang out because there is only one place you are ever close to a wall, the front straight.

I live about 70 miles from MMP but if anybody bringing a Vette needs a place to crash, let me know, you are welcome at my home and I do mean it

Aaron, though I may have my car torn to shreds, I will be there and with my car setup well and proudly sporting allot of Pfadt Racing parts!

Rick
Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 PM
bruce1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaron

You had mentioned this at Spring Mountain last weekend.
I like this idea, and welcome your invitation.

I hope to see you there.

Bruce
Old 02-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Default Enduro announced

A quick update on the Miller NASA race in June. There is a scheduled 2 hour Enduro on Saturday night. Even more reason to head out to beautiful Salt Lake for a long race weekend.

-Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Default Raise your hand if you want to go 170MPH

The Corvettes are starting to get signed up for Miller. We've already got a bunch of the Arizona Corvette Racers coming up.

Here is an entry list as of about two weeks ago. I'm trying to get a current list from the Registrar.

17 TTR Steve Raeder Enumclaw WA Chevrolet Z06 Corvette 2007 Corvettes Of Auburn
85 TTR David Hurley Phoenix AZ Chevrolet Corvette 2001 RPM Engine Development
27 TTS Bud Harris University Place WA Chevrolet ZR1 Corvette 1991 Corvette's of Auburn
5 TTU John Bianchi Lake Havasu City AZ chevy Z06 Vette 2006
47 TTU shannon erickson Phoenix AZ chevrolet corvette 2008
190 TTU Aaron Pfadt Salt Lake City UT Chevrolet Corvette 1999 Pfadt Race Engineering

This is the time trial group and I can assure you that they are a serious bunch. I had the pleasure of running with most of these guys down in Phoenix last weekend.

Get your Corvette signed up for this event. We've got 20 garage spaces reserved for Corvettes. Pfadt Team members get first dibs. Please drop me a PM or an e-mail if you would like a space.

I also have received an unofficial challenge from some of the 'cake eaters' (Porsche racers) . They claim there are going to be more Porsches at the event than Corvettes. That can not happen, so get signed up today. It'll also be a good chance to run down some GT3 Cup cars because we have a whole gaggle of them that like to run out here. The Corvettes are faster you know.

Give a call if you have any questions on the event.

thanks,
Aaron

Last edited by Aaron Pfadt; 03-19-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
MRZ5
Racer

Default need info

have a question aaron, I race ttu with texas nasa, thinking of making a trip here, on my way to vegas. Is there overnight parking with a rv????
is there a hard schedule for the event????
Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by MRZ5
have a question aaron, I race ttu with texas nasa, thinking of making a trip here, on my way to vegas. Is there overnight parking with a rv????
is there a hard schedule for the event????
There is camping with electrical hookups in the paddock. I talked to Jill at Miller and it costs $26/night plus a $30 electrical hookup charge for the weekend. Her direct line at Miller is 435-277-0757. You need to reserve a spot.

Dave has not published a hard schedule yet. Specific event info is on the NASA Rocky Mountain forums. Here is a link to what is out now.

http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nas...splay.php?f=42

Clearly there is going to be a big TT group. I hope you can make it.

-Aaron
Old 03-19-2008, 08:32 PM
ProgGod
Drifting

is it all 3 days or just the first day? Also is it $375/per day, or that for the weekend? Whats the best way to sign up, fill out the pdf form they have on their website?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have time trialed with Steve Raeder's Corvette and let me tell you that thing is for real. World Challenge body kit, Brembos, gutted, full race slicks. Nice guy too. I was drooling all day about his car. Shannon Erickson also has a very nice setup. Sounds like fun.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ProgGod
is it all 3 days or just the first day? Also is it $375/per day, or that for the weekend? Whats the best way to sign up, fill out the pdf form they have on their website?
Here is the link to registration on the NASA website. You can register online for the whole weekend.

For HPDE, TT and Racing, the cost for Saturday/Sunday is $340. The Friday Test 'n Tune is $185. Which is about as cheap as you are going to get for a full day running Miller full course.

If you need to reserve RV space in the paddock, you need to talk to Jill @ Miller Motorsports Park. Her number is in the post above.

-Aaron
Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
MRZ5
Racer

Default sign up

hey aaron, just reserved rv spot, will be arriving thursday evening. trying to sign up with nasa, they do not show a test and tune for TT on Friday, do I just sign up for hpde 1/2 for friday and sign up for tt for weekend???

this would make sense to me, unless they change it on there website
Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

hey aaron, just reserved rv spot, will be arriving thursday evening. trying to sign up with nasa, they do not show a test and tune for TT on Friday, do I just sign up for hpde 1/2 for friday and sign up for tt for weekend???

this would make sense to me, unless they change it on there website
Great! I think that because you are a TT guy, you just sign for Test and Tune for Friday. According to their forums Friday will have a race group, a HPDE4/TT group and an HPDE1/2/3 group.

If it is wrong, you can sort it out there. NASA tends to be easy to get along with.

-Aaron
Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 PM
vetracer
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bowmanized
I have time trialed with Steve Raeder's Corvette and let me tell you that thing is for real. World Challenge body kit, Brembos, gutted, full race slicks. Nice guy too. I was drooling all day about his car. Shannon Erickson also has a very nice setup. Sounds like fun.
Thanks, Mike Steve is a nice guy. I'm a nice guy, too But don't be fooled, when it comes down to competition I think all of us are dead serious!

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
There is camping with electrical hookups in the paddock. I talked to Jill at Miller and it costs $26/night plus a $30 electrical hookup charge for the weekend. Her direct line at Miller is 435-277-0757. You need to reserve a spot.

-Aaron
I called that number and it was disconnected. I called Miller and got Jill's number 435-277-8011.

Got the RV spot. You need to specify that you are a driver and need the spaces in the paddock.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Aaron. I've never been to Miller before and didn't know about the RV spots with the hookups.

I also had a great time running with you at PIR. Very nice race car and excellent lap times, especially for your first time on the track and working late into the night replacing major drivetrain components. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Josh again at Miller in June.

Last edited by vetracer; 03-20-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Aaron Pfadt
Here is an entry list as of about two weeks ago. I'm trying to get a current list from the Registrar.

17 TTR Steve Raeder Enumclaw WA Chevrolet Z06 Corvette 2007 Corvettes Of Auburn
85 TTR David Hurley Phoenix AZ Chevrolet Corvette 2001 RPM Engine Development
27 TTS Bud Harris University Place WA Chevrolet ZR1 Corvette 1991 Corvette's of Auburn
5 TTU John Bianchi Lake Havasu City AZ chevy Z06 Vette 2006
47 TTU shannon erickson Phoenix AZ chevrolet corvette 2008
190 TTU Aaron Pfadt Salt Lake City UT Chevrolet Corvette 1999 Pfadt Race Engineering

This is the time trial group and I can assure you that they are a serious bunch. I had the pleasure of running with most of these guys down in Phoenix last weekend.

Get your Corvette signed up for this event. We've got 20 garage spaces reserved for Corvettes. Pfadt Team members get first dibs. Please drop me a PM or an e-mail if you would like a space.
thanks,
Aaron
Ok Arron you've convinced me!

I just signed up for HPDE4, TT and Friday test & tune. I have never run with NASA before so hopefully some one will help me figure out if I signed up for the correct class?! Save me one of those garage spaces near the other Seattle Corvettes!

Do I need to bring my rain tires???

Dean
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by kentz06
Ok Arron you've convinced me!

I just signed up for HPDE4, TT and Friday test & tune. I have never run with NASA before so hopefully some one will help me figure out if I signed up for the correct class?! Save me one of those garage spaces near the other Seattle Corvettes!

Do I need to bring my rain tires???

Dean
What is rain!?!?

I only have rain tires for when I go back east or to the west coast.

NASA registration always seems confusing because they have so much going on every weekend. Just do your best and make sure you are registered for something for all three days. It'll get sorted out when you get there.

Glad you are coming.

-Aaron

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Racing Invites You to the NASA Race in June

Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Default Corvette Garage Space @ Miller

I have been jabbering a lot about garage space and all of the Corvettes being together at this Miller event. I figured I should probably explain this and formalize it a little so everyone is on the same page.

Here is the scoop. Normally a garage space at Miller costs $175 for the weekend. Pfadt Racing has rented about 1/2 of the East Day Garage as a Corvette area. We are going to provide Pfadt Team Members a spot in that garage free of charge for the weekend. Not a Pfadt Team Member yet, click the link and find out about it. For all other Corvettes, space in the Pfadt Day Garage is $50 for the weekend. Pfadt Team members have priority, the rest will be assigned on a first come first served basis. So let me know in an e-mail - like many of you already have - that you would like space in the Garage.

For those that don't fit in the garage we are reserving a huge area of the paddock adjacent to our garage area and the grandstands as a Corvette paddock. It is prime Miller real estate. No reservations needed for that, just show up and look for all of the Corvettes. I will give 'Chalk Talks' etc in the Garage area and there will be hospitality in the form of snacks and cold beverages.

e-mail me if you have questions or want a space. I'm keeping track.

-Aaron
Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
MRZ5
Racer

I am signed up for TTU. I will be in a rv, is there a place I can put my 24' car hauler???? will be showing up there on thursday evening. cant wait for this event, track looks fast.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

I am signed up for TTU. I will be in a rv, is there a place I can put my 24' car hauler???? will be showing up there on thursday evening. cant wait for this event, track looks fast.
The paddock is huge. We'll have some space on a first come basis right near the garages for your rig. If you would like hookups, call the track and reserve an RV space. Don't worry about space Miller is huge!

And the track is fast. Turn one comes at you at a nice clip and the section from turns 1 to 5 is also extremely fast. Lots to keep things interesting.

-Aaron

Quick Reply: Pfadt Racing Invites You to the NASA Race in June