Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sell, Part-Out or finish Racer-X Project car...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 AM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Sell, Part-Out or finish Racer-X Project car...

I am at the 3/4 point of completing a Racer-X type Road Race car from an 88 vette. The engine is a built 385 with a mildly aggressive roller cam and I am in the midst of converting it over to carburation for simplicity reasons....only want 10-12 wires total in the car. I recently had an aluminum dash; (see picture below) that was laser cut and will work beautifully with the Autometer gauges I have; (all direct pressure/temp of course except for the tach and the speedo). The trans is a nice Richmond 6-speed with a very low first gear and scatter shield. I have all new Autometer gauges, New Moroso switch panel, New BG Mighty Demon 750, New Edelbrock Air-Gap manifold, New Summit dist, Coil & Ign Box, New Momo seats, New Simpson 5-point harnesses...list goes on

I just bought a completed NASCAR type race car which will run circles around this one and already has a full Howe chassis with cage, a fuel cell and fire system. The 88 will never meet track standards unless I have a full roll-cage, fuel cell & fire system installed, but it does have two seats whereas the NASCAR only has room for the one; (good for taking passengers on rides). The 88 also needs new wheel bearing$ and tire$.

I am strictly a novice and was told that the 88 is a good car to practice on, but I can't fathom trying to maintain two race type cars when I have three other vettes that need routine attention.

My options are three-fold: Sell the project vette for somewhere over $5,000, part out what's left for $3-4,000 + headaches on advertising + shipping then cutting up the frame and hauling it off to the dump, or three finish it, run it for a couple of years then sell it...These things always hurt since I paid $8,500 for the car and have spent well over $2,000 on parts!

ADVICE Please on which direction to go on this!!!

(Does anyone have an idea on what a C4 track car like this would sell for when finished?)

Last edited by BlackRocket; 02-10-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:11 AM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PM sent.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:22 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Typically a well sorted TCC or ITE spec C4 will trade hands at 15k (alittle more with a pile of spares). Go to the For Sale section of http://www.tccracing.com/
Old 02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

Good point...I almost paid $15,000 for a C4 track car that had a carb on the motor and was very very dirty...but scary fast!!!

This one is CLEAN since I know how to fabricate and design well, but the time is the big issue!!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Went out to the TCC site and the f/s section is pretty quiet. Usually a few cars f/s. The one listed has been there for some time. /:\
Old 02-10-2008, 12:08 PM
BlackRocket
Drifting

This car would fit into the ITE category...Just needs a fuel cell and a fire system and would be an all out race car...

Get notified of new replies

To Sell, Part-Out or finish Racer-X Project car...

Quick Reply: Sell, Part-Out or finish Racer-X Project car...