Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Slightly used(ie non tracked) C5/C6 front calipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default WTB: Slightly used(ie non tracked) C5/C6 front calipers

The other thread reminded me. I have about 20 events on my front calipers and after turning them black, they were red, burning off all the boots, and getting massive taper I suspect they are done.

Looking for decent condition, cheap, don't care if they are black or red.

BTW, anyone know if the GTO caliper will bolt up? I think it will and from what I can remember on helping my buddy out on his they were some small changes, this is the 05+ caliper, the 04 is totally different.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
The other thread reminded me. I have about 20 events on my front calipers and after turning them black, they were red, burning off all the boots, and getting massive taper I suspect they are done.

Looking for decent condition, cheap, don't care if they are black or red.

BTW, anyone know if the GTO caliper will bolt up? I think it will and from what I can remember on helping my buddy out on his they were some small changes, this is the 05+ caliper, the 04 is totally different.
Yes, the '05-06 GTO caliper is the C6 caliper with GTO painted on the side. Thanks for reminding me that I melted 3 boots on the front last year. I'm wondering if I should bother replacing them or just leave the pistons exposed.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I was told no need to replace the boots unless your driving down dirt roads....if your car is moderate/light summer only use plus track then your fine.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Slightly used(ie non tracked) C5/C6 front calipers

Quick Reply: WTB: Slightly used(ie non tracked) C5/C6 front calipers