Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Five Tour

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Factory Five Tour

Something my club is doing

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 6:22 am
Subject: RE: Tour of Factory Five Racing

Hi Andy,

I’ll go. A buddy of mine sent me the link a few months ago to the C5-based, mid-engine LS7 car they have http://www.factoryfive.com/photogalleries/ls7gtm.html

Bert

Subject: Tour of Factory Five Racing

Hi Everyone,

I am organizing a tour of the Factory Five Racing facility in Wareham, Ma. on Saturday morning, February 23rd. Factory Five is very well known for manufacturing one of the better Cobra replica cars in the world. Everything is done at their Wareham facility.

In addition to their Mk 3 Roadsters and Type 65 Coupes, they are currently manufacturing a new car based on a C5 chassis with the new LS family 427 Chevy engine. With 505 HP on tap, the car has recorded times of 0-60 in 3 seconds and 0-100 in 6 seconds. They currently have two of these new cars on display in their showroom.

I plan on leaving from the Ashmont shopping plaza parking lot on Rte 1A in Walpole at 8:30 AM, arriving in Wareham around 9:00 AM. As always, we can go out for a bite to eat afterward.

Factory Five would like a rough head count by the end of this week. If you are interested in going, please try to let me know ASAP. I'll update you along the way. So, if you don't feel like spending $50 to see the new ZR1 in Attleboro, why don't you join us for this event? It is free!!

Thanks,

Andy
Old 02-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Factory Five had a Black GTM at Harrisburg, Pa during the HotRod Power Tour...Beautiful car!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Update

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 6:42 pm
Subject: Factory Five Tour Update

Hi Everyone,

The weather does not look like it is going to stop our visit to Factory Five on Saturday. The latest forecast is for snow Friday afternoon into Saturday morning, but less than 5 inches is predicted. We will be on major highways most of the time, so they should be in good shape for our journey.

We have a great turnout so far, about 15 club members and friends. Members from the Bay State Corvette Club will leave from the Shaw's Supermarket on Rte 109 in Medway at 8:00 AM. From there, we will pick up our friends from the Eastern Mass Corvette Club at Ashmont Plaza on Rte 1A in Walpole at 8:30 AM. Car pooling will be available at each location. We should arrive at Factory Five in Wareham before 10:00 AM. I will lead the pack down and will make sure I drive safely, according to road conditions.

For those of you who want to travel down on your own, I am including the directions for you. Plan on arriving by 9:30 or so. Brandon is our host.

Factory Five Racing
9 Tow Road
Wareham, Ma. 02571
508-291-3443

Take Rte 495 South to exit 1, toward Wareham/New Bedford
Follow for .4 miles to exit 21, Rte 28 North, toward Middleboro
Follow for .2 miles to Rte 28 North (Cranberry Highway)
Follow for .3 miles. Turn right onto Tow Road. (industrial park)
Look for all of the Corvettes in the parking lot (yeah, right!)

If the weather takes a turn for the worst, I will notify everyone by E-mail no later than noon on Friday. I will also call Louie, since I know he doesn't have E-mail . If you know of someone else who plans on going and they are not on this E-mail list, can you keep them informed for me?

Thanks!!

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Five Tour

Quick Reply: Factory Five Tour