Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Gear is fun again….

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
JohnD60
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2nd Gear is fun again….

Losing my clutch at my last DE gave me an excuse to have LG do some work on my car.

They installed a light weight flywheel, LS7 clutch plus a set of street headers with tune. Picked it up yesterday but didn’t really get a chance to drive it until today.

OMG…..The car is really something else. Pulled out of my neighborhood this morning and got on it what I thought was just a little….the torque hit hard from what feels like idle and doesn’t let up. 2nd and 3rd were just more of the same. Tires howling; exhaust screaming; butt plaster in the seat; smiling like I just won the lotto.

The note from the Borla exhaust sounds about the same as before the headers as long as you short shift. However, running it just a little deeper, 3000 and up, and the sound is just outstanding….. can’t wait to hear it echoing off of the pit wall down the front straight at TWS.

Anthony and the folks at LG did a great job! In addition to the quality work, the service was excellent. Anthony even arranged for me to drop off/pick up after hours. Good Stuff!

John

Quick Reply: 2nd Gear is fun again….