Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Makes the Best Brake Bias Spring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Cody1112
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Makes the Best Brake Bias Spring?

Who makes the best brake bias spring for a C5?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.dougrippie.com

Randy
Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Just bought one, with stainless pistons and brake lines. Can't wait to install them. I'll let you know what I think.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cody1112
Who makes the best brake bias spring for a C5?
Just read your other post. Rebuild your existing calipers with stainless pistons, upgrade brake lines add high temp fluid and some Hawk Plus or Blue brake pads and you will be amazed! Considering your application the only reason to go theother way is for looks and to spend a lot of extra money.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Randy, without a tech 2 how is this part installed properly? I'm thinking of either going to larger m/c or doing this, but I don't want to trap any air in the abs.

thanks,
-V
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Cody1112
Instructor

Originally Posted by geerookie
Just read your other post. Rebuild your existing calipers with stainless pistons, upgrade brake lines add high temp fluid and some Hawk Plus or Blue brake pads and you will be amazed! Considering your application the only reason to go theother way is for looks and to spend a lot of extra money.
I hadn't considered the stainless pistons. I might try that and see what happens
Old 02-14-2008, 01:25 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Cody1112
I hadn't considered the stainless pistons. I might try that and see what happens
I have a set of custom titanium piston front calipers that I will be selling. They are sitting in my garage at home. I can post up some pictures for you on Friday asI am on a business trip this week.

They need to be repainted because they got all scuffed up when they were shipped but other than that they are in like new condition.

The brakes were made by VBP and sold for $300 a piece, but VBP no longer makes (carries them). I'll let them go for $250 + shipping.

Tony
Old 02-14-2008, 08:08 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DRm I have it in my GS and C5
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
Randy, without a tech 2 how is this part installed properly? I'm thinking of either going to larger m/c or doing this, but I don't want to trap any air in the abs.

thanks,
-V
Hey V,
The worse pedal I have ever felt was after the Tech 2 bleeding. We have never really used the Tech 2 for bleeding brakes. We have always done it the old fashin way, and it's worked for over 10 years now.

Randy
Old 02-14-2008, 11:47 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,391 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.dougrippie.com

Randy
Put one in my '00 FRC, and it really helped out the nose dive under braking (don't ask me why, but it did). It's hard to quantify the improvement in braking distances, but I've had no problems with the rears locking up (although ABS helps with that).

It's a well engineered product. The hardest problem is getting it installed in the distribution block. I took the block out of the car to my workbench, and that really worked well. I didn't have any problems with subsequently bleeding the system.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have never used a tech 2 either. I bleed brakes the same way you do. As far as race cars, I've never used any sort of abs system, but with my street car I have no option. I just always hear that a tech 2 is needed to cycle the abs valves if air gets in there and being that the spring is plumbed in before the valves I would think air would get trapped in there. If you say there is no need I'll take your word for it. BTW, how much larger in bore size is your upgraded m/c over the factory C5? I am used to manual brakes and I find my street car is way overboosted and too sensitive. I prefer a less sensitive poedal for track use.

thanks,
-V

Get notified of new replies

To Who Makes the Best Brake Bias Spring?

Quick Reply: Who Makes the Best Brake Bias Spring?