Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Coil Overs

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 PM
65 DENCO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with Coil Overs

I just got my van steel offset t arms and coil over kit. I am wondering how do you tell a double adj coil over from a single? Would there be two *****, one for rebound and one for compression on the QA1 double? There site is not clear, no pretty pictures of both types that make it obvious..... Or does one **** do it all, they dont give ANY info with the kit, they know what the **** does, but have not told me I realize it adjusts rebound or compression- or both??

Thanks,

Denis
Old 02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

The single adjustable shocks have 1 **** that adjust rebound and compression simultaneously. The double adjustables have 2 *****. One controlling rebound and 1 controlling compression. The single adjustable has 12 different adjustments to make and are recommended for street drivers. The double adjustables have 576 different adjustments and are recommended for track driving to dial the car in better.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 PM
65 DENCO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Van Steel
The single adjustable shocks have 1 **** that adjust rebound and compression simultaneously. The double adjustables have 2 *****. One controlling rebound and 1 controlling compression. The single adjustable has 12 different adjustments to make and are recommended for street drivers. The double adjustables have 576 different adjustments and are recommended for track driving to dial the car in better.
Cool I just had not a clue. Next question, the upper u shaped mount that the bolt only goes thru one side. How does that bolt up or do you weld it, and to where? You may Pm me if you like. I am going to be playing with it over the holiday and could use the info... Why no basic instructions with the kit?

Thanks the parts look VERY high quality and complete. Except info
Old 02-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Van Steel
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

There should have been a 4 page instruction sheet on it all. Plus another document on how to do a quick alignment. Unfortunetly I am out of town and won't be able to e-mail you the instruction document until Monday.

Get notified of new replies

To Help with Coil Overs

Quick Reply: Help with Coil Overs