Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back half of T1 roll cage out of car, available?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Back half of T1 roll cage out of car, available?

Not sure anybody would be interested but I cut out the front section to rebuild the A pillar bars to gain more head clearance as it was just to low for me. I cut out the passenger side door bars(going from X to NASCAR style) as well.

Since I removed the top to convert the car to a hatch (the car is an 02 Z06) I decided to just build a whole new cage since the car will be well under 3,000 lbs. I am switching from 1.75" .120 DOM to 1.75" .095 DOM, raising the hoop, and many other upgrades, the hoop I designed looks almost exactly like that red car in progress here

Anyway, the back half is really well built, main hoop with harness bar and diagonal brace, two rear braces to frame rails and they have an X as well, very stout. The drivers side door bars are NASCAR style two tube, still welded the the main hoop and and usable. All that would be needed for the whole back half install would be to plate the mounting points and weld it in, incredibly easy compared to building a new cage.

I am in Utah, if anybody has an interest let me know as I really do not want to cut it up into scrap unless I have to.

I have no idea what this would be worth, I would rather trade for something anyway if possible.

If this post is in violation of the rules here that is not my intention, just not sure how I should word this if not proper.

My main interest here is I do not like things to go to waste if they are usable. We recycle everything we can and when you consider the raw materials, power, gases used and produced to build this thing, I would much rather see it get used than not.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:02 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Please ask me again tomorrow, to brain dead right now to do much of anything but wander around here a bit, long day wrenching on another race car I just sold and shipped off

Rick
Old 02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
psycho-mullet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested as well. I'd like to see some photos. Any reason the door bars couldn't be removed? I just want a rear hoop for my DE/DD, but I don't like the way the off the shelf cages attach to the bulkhead instead of the frame.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Yes, the door bars can be removed, just cut them off and clean it up which I would do if required.

The main hoop does not attach directly to the frame, you have to build mounting plates, I have done it before on other cars, not that tough. The hoop is narrower than the frame but this is a normal install for many cars and done well the plates are fine. The reason for being narrower is to have room to mount NASCAR style door bars and not have to cut into the body to get to them to weld them etc.

I have some pics of if when still in the car but you can see allot since the car it very apart, PM or post your email address and I will send them out.

Thanks,
Rick
rick@raamaudio.com

Get notified of new replies

To Back half of T1 roll cage out of car, available?

Quick Reply: Back half of T1 roll cage out of car, available?