Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-6 z06 HPDE brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Z06pack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-6 z06 HPDE brakes

I run my 07z at about 3 or 4 HPDE events a year. I have been running Hawk hp+ with great results but the front rotors are now cracking and grooving quite badly. The rears are doing very well. I have purchased a used set of stock wheels and mounted Hoosier r-6 tires for this year.
I have read a few threads about brakes and while I do not want to repeat, I would like to add Brembo or stoptech sloted discs to the front and a fresh set of hp+ all the way around.
Has anybody run front only brembos or stoptechs with stock rear rotors?
Not that I am cheap, its just that I do not see any reason to spend the money on the rears if I dont need to.
As always...I appreciate the help.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i haven't but.....i have read at the brake companies websites that you can run stock rear brakes with a larger brake kit upfront.

Do some research you will find it.

and man are you gonna love it!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:58 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that is no problem to do just the front rotors or just front BBK. Backs only do 75% of the stopping.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
jlvink66
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running Hoosier R6's all around on my C6 Z06 with Stoptech ST-60 front calipers/rotors and stock rear calipers. I replaced my stock rear rotors with the DBA slotted rotors (Tire Rack) and have been very happy with them. I also run spindle ducts on the front and I think this has helped the rotor temps tremendously. This setup has worked very well for me and has been very balanced. I have been running the Hawk DTC-70 pads all around. Very good clamping power and good braking modualtion. I run the Hawk ceramics on the street.

Front right;

Front left;

John

Get notified of new replies

To C-6 z06 HPDE brakes

Quick Reply: C-6 z06 HPDE brakes