Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need instructors: Wilderness PCA VIR March 18

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Need instructors: Wilderness PCA VIR March 18

Hi Everyone,

This event is open to non P-cars. Currently they need a few instructors for the last few novices signed up--very few vettes thus far. See the web page below.

Andy

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calenda...494404602BC639
Old 02-20-2008, 08:03 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Anyone going to this one in any class?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 PM
jcmbird
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi soth, arpca member here .I don't know about the weather this time of year in Va. I've done about 25 hpde's[only instructed 2-3 times] events up near pgh[mid ohio,nelson's,beaverun] none at vir. heard its great for corvettes. Have 04 zo6 if you get desperate let me know . pm ok. thanks Jay
Old 02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I did the one with them back in Aug last year. Plenty of track time, plenty of fast cars - very well run. I will probably go. Car is tuned and ready, so the track is the best place to find out what it will do.

See you there.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:00 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The problem is that it is a one day event and during the week to boot. It isn't cheap either so they will always have a tough time of it until they get at least 2 days for an event. They also charge the instructors which does not help in this situation. The coordinator is about 50 miles from me but, I for one, am not willing to drive 11 hours round trip to VIR + hotel for 1.5-2 hours of track time, any time. I have heard they do a nice job however.

VIR in March can be really nice or really bad. If you have to cross over the mountains from the West it can be a thrill sometimes.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:09 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by waddisme
I did the one with them back in Aug last year. Plenty of track time, plenty of fast cars - very well run. I will probably go. Car is tuned and ready, so the track is the best place to find out what it will do.

See you there.
Good to hear, are you instructing? I guess you can still get in if not instructing just by being solo. I haven't solo'd yet so this forces me into green group in this case.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rbl
The problem is that it is a one day event and during the week to boot. It isn't cheap either so they will always have a tough time of it until they get at least 2 days for an event. They also charge the instructors which does not help in this situation. The coordinator is about 50 miles from me but, I for one, am not willing to drive 11 hours round trip to VIR + hotel for 1.5-2 hours of track time, any time. I have heard they do a nice job however.

VIR in March can be really nice or really bad. If you have to cross over the mountains from the West it can be a thrill sometimes.
I know--the one day format isn't popular--but if you are close enough that you can just drive in and avoid the hotel bill, then it's really no less expensive then a 2 day event with the 2nd night in a hotel.

During the week is nice for some as the family doesn't miss you--works if you can miss a day at work.

Get notified of new replies

To Need instructors: Wilderness PCA VIR March 18

Quick Reply: Need instructors: Wilderness PCA VIR March 18