Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make sure to watch "Setup Season 2" tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Identity Crisis
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Make sure to watch "Setup Season 2" tonight

I heard there "might" be some very familiar names to people on this board, or at least one

http://www.setup-tv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=161

Last edited by Identity Crisis; 02-21-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear that Junior made it, anyone know about Deitz? I'll be watching!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Phaetonchix
Intermediate

Default The cars are the stars

I loved season one of Setup. It was especially exciting since I had seen the post season cars at Pratt & Miller while out there doing a pre-Le Mans 2007 story. It's amazing what you can do with a little track tape....

PC
Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phaetonchix
I loved season one of Setup. It was especially exciting since I had seen the post season cars at Pratt & Miller while out there doing a pre-Le Mans 2007 story. It's amazing what you can do with a little track tape....

PC
I liked it too with the exception of them showing the races in clips instead of just showing the races. It got annoying when they'd show the cars at one turn and then break away to the expressions on the faces of the people in the pits watching the race. I don't need to see TK's facial expressions during the race.

It's a great opportunity for these drivers. I just wish that it was a little more enjoyable to watch.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Originally Posted by TedDBere
I hear that Junior made it, anyone know about Deitz? I'll be watching!
We'll all be cheering Junior on, haven't heard whether Kevin made the cut or not...
Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xsiveone
I liked it too with the exception of them showing the races in clips instead of just showing the races. It got annoying when they'd show the cars at one turn and then break away to the expressions on the faces of the people in the pits watching the race. I don't need to see TK's facial expressions during the race.

It's a great opportunity for these drivers. I just wish that it was a little more enjoyable to watch.
I just don't think the first season was well done at all. If the name of the show is "Setup", then you'd think they'd actually go into some detail about the freakin' *setup* of the cars! But instead they chose to make it like every other reality show where they have to beat into you that "Oh, no...so-and-so had better improve or he'll be gone!" Just got old. And the racing action was extra bland. Didn't help that all the races were in dust bowls, I guess...
Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dave OH32
We'll all be cheering Junior on, haven't heard whether Kevin made the cut or not...
That's ironic, the two guys I know paired up. I guess the fact that they know each other, and both are very comfortable in high horsepower cars should make them a good team.

Good Luck!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TedDBere
That's ironic, the two guys I know paired up. I guess the fact that they know each other, and both are very comfortable in high horsepower cars should make them a good team.

Good Luck!
I bet they do REAL well too.............I guess we'll have to wait to next week.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:26 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I bet they do REAL well too.............I guess we'll have to wait to next week.
Thanks to a work dinner I caught the last 2 minutes of it tonight - not much another words....
Old 02-21-2008, 10:53 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea... Real nice how they cut that last race off.
I wonder what exactly they were getting at by the one guy not exactly knowing when his Uncle won some championships? He just showed up and they let him in. Hmmm.

Go Junior.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by fhturner
I just don't think the first season was well done at all. If the name of the show is "Setup", then you'd think they'd actually go into some detail about the freakin' *setup* of the cars! But instead they chose to make it like every other reality show where they have to beat into you that "Oh, no...so-and-so had better improve or he'll be gone!" Just got old. And the racing action was extra bland. Didn't help that all the races were in dust bowls, I guess...
all the extra drama they attempt to add to the show is a bunch of : I still like the show and will watch it, but it could be so much better if they cut out all the funny camera work and fast cuts and just made a simple production about the drivers, the races and getting ready for the races.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Tourmgr1
Burning Brakes

Tough to watch ...I record it and fast forward through it ..about 5 mins worth watching.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Chaos81
Advanced

Originally Posted by FastZR1
Gotta get people to tune in next week. No different than any other show on TV.

I wonder what exactly they were getting at by the one guy not exactly knowing when his Uncle won some championships?
I'm guessing they don't think he's related, and they think he's lying, but can't prove it.

I thought it was quite strange the guy didn't know the answer. They basically gave him a trick question when they asked what part of the decade did he win them in, and he was hesitant answering that. He won two early in the 80's, and one later in the 80's. '81, '83, and '87 iirc.

I think the guy was lying, but who knows.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:29 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So we are supposed to be rooting for the Junior Johnson guy then? Who knows him here?

I wonder what exactly they were getting at by the one guy not exactly knowing when his Uncle won some championships? He just showed up and they let him in. Hmmm.

Go Junior.
I think what they were getting at was whether Cristiano Piquet was really related to Nelson Piquet. I find it hard to believe because if my uncle was Nelson Piquet and I was also into racing, I'd know everything about his career. Also, I find it hard to believe that if he was related to Piquet that he would have to compete in this series to get his break. You'd think that his uncle could get him into some kind of racing with his connections if he was any good. He sure helped out his kid. Piquet Jr., supposedly this Cristiano guy's cousin, is going to be teammates with Alonso next season at Renault in F1. You'd think that if you're any good and your cousin is in F1, you'd get a better shot at racing than some reality series on tv, wouldn't you?

Also... Man.. This Cristiano guy sure didn't get the Piquet looks if he is somehow related. This is a photo of Piquet Jr. and his old man looked like him when he was younger.

Last edited by xsiveone; 02-22-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 AM
autoxn
Advanced

Thanks for all of your support guys. I wish that I could talk more about it, but there is a confidentiality agreement that says no talking until it airs. So, keep watching, and let me know what ya' think. Remember though, it is a reality show some stuff may seem a little stupid to you, but the actual racing is real.

I will also say that Christiano didn't come off to me, as a bad guy. Having said that, I sure didn't get to sit in on his interviews.

Keep watching guys and gals, this should get good real soon,
Mike "Junior" Johnson
Evolution Performance Driving School
Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

good luck....or hope you had good luck since it's already over...either way...
Old 02-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by autoxn
Thanks for all of your support guys. I wish that I could talk more about it, but there is a confidentiality agreement that says no talking until it airs. So, keep watching, and let me know what ya' think. Remember though, it is a reality show some stuff may seem a little stupid to you, but the actual racing is real.

I will also say that Christiano didn't come off to me, as a bad guy. Having said that, I sure didn't get to sit in on his interviews.

Keep watching guys and gals, this should get good real soon,
Mike "Junior" Johnson
Evolution Performance Driving School
Congratulations on getting onto the show! I'm sure you did us cone killers proud.

Are you going to be at the EVO school in Cinti again this year?

Get notified of new replies

To Make sure to watch "Setup Season 2" tonight

Old 02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by fhturner

I would have liked to hear more about how people were changing the setup of their cars for different races.

The one thing that really got on my nerves from season 1 was that chick. Nice to look at but when she tried to act all tough and get in peoples' faces I wanted to

Had to record last night's episode. I'll watch tonight.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
autoxn
Advanced

Originally Posted by Webz
Congratulations on getting onto the show! I'm sure you did us cone killers proud.

Are you going to be at the EVO school in Cinti again this year?

I'll be there. Sounds like a Corvette Fest.
Junior
Old 02-22-2008, 10:05 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by autoxn
I'll be there. Sounds like a Corvette Fest.
Junior
The Evo entry list sure looks like it

I was "tuned-in" last night , Mike..... Not the sponsor you may have expected, but a good one . I'll be watching the rest of the shows hopefully since you are on it......How many of my Thursday nights are going to be taken ???

Quick Reply: Make sure to watch "Setup Season 2" tonight