Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy a front splitter and hood?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I buy a front splitter and hood?

I have called Kerry at ACP three times with no return call and sent him an e-mail with no response. Where else can I get a front splitter and a good quality extractor hood? I may end up with ACP, I just am a bit concerned and want to look at all my options.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

great guy hard to pin down. PM me if you can't get him I'll call him at home Monday night. His stuff is worth the wait.

Last edited by John Shiels; 02-24-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Kerry's are the only really option for the C5.

Bet he is very buzys with Speed World GT parts now.

Did not Shelby take a message?

He always called me back, but then again I called in his off season, summer
Old 02-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Todd Z
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
great guy hard to pin down. PM me if you can't get him I'll call him at home Monday night. His stuff is worth the wait.

Thank you, I will call him again tomorrow and if I do not reach him I will PM you.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:51 PM
darrahc
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing happened to me - no response. I went ahead and ordered anyway and am hoping to pick up my hood next weekend - ordered it about 5 to 6 weeks ago. I've called to find out the status but haven't heard anything back.

I'm sure they're busy but would at least like a yes or a no on a part I've already purchased...
Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
snitz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kerry's a great guy. He's very busy and can be hard to reach, but has great products.

I bought a full body kit for my track car project and have been very satisfied.

Sorry your having trouble getting ahold of him.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Z
I have called Kerry at ACP three times with no return call and sent him an e-mail with no response. Where else can I get a front splitter and a good quality extractor hood? I may end up with ACP, I just am a bit concerned and want to look at all my options.

Kerry is in Florida right now on vacation.....Ask me how I know....He is very illusive to get a hold of which is a major PITA,even when he is not on vacation. He should be back this week.

It's not quite as easy as putting on an extractor hood and a splitter spoiler. There are other components required. You will need a new nose/bumper cover, and an undertray in addition to the hood and the splitter spoiler. Real problem is that then you have to do a bunch of modifications and fabrication to the car to do the front of the car right. Relocating the radiator so it slants forward and building a strong enough structure to support undertray/splitter spoiler are just some of the necessities. A very time consuming proposition I am finding...
Old 02-24-2008, 07:20 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

My radiator hasn't moved. Lay down rad is better especially for a big motor cooling. Under-tray is easy also. Then you need to adjust your suspension. It does get involved and $$$$
Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
My radiator hasn't moved. Lay down rad is better especially for a big motor cooling. Under-tray is easy also. Then you need to adjust your suspension. It does get involved and $$$$

Laydown radiator is better no matter what engine at expelling that air out the vented hood.......the radiator would be better used for downforce than lift

Maybe a friend of mine and myself have spent too much time at mouting our undertray/splitter spoiler assy....but if we ever make public how we are doign it you would be amazed. Adjustable completely (10-15 deg undertray and splitter spoiler) and removeable within 45 sec-1 minute with quick-pull pins (no bolts) ,turned-out SaaWeet. We are building jigs currently for the brackets that locate the undertray/splitter and lay-down radiator assy, so that we can build them at will with reasonable accuracy, and because we have two more cars to do immediately.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:09 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Laydown radiator is better no matter what engine at expelling that air out the vented hood.......the radiator would be better used for downforce than lift

Maybe a friend of mine and myself have spent too much time at mouting our undertray/splitter spoiler assy....but if we ever make public how we are doign it you would be amazed. Adjustable completely (10-15 deg undertray and splitter spoiler) and removeable within 45 sec-1 minute with quick-pull pins (no bolts) ,turned-out SaaWeet. We are building jigs currently for the brackets that locate the undertray/splitter and lay-down radiator assy, so that we can build them at will with reasonable accuracy, and because we have two more cars to do immediately.

All great but most don't need that extreme unless professional racers.. I never go over 255 oil. I am sure you have some great ideas.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 PM
snitz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd Z
I also shared you problem with Kerry. I sent you an email re. this and how to follow up. Kerry sounded very anxious to get in touch and make sure you get good service.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I have seen those bling ACI splitters come right off at higher speeds. Even if they are screwed in place. SO the ACI spilter would not work.

also the splitter needs and undertray to help it function properly.

I plan to lay the raditor forward when I get the chance to do so and extractor hood.

Get notified of new replies

To Where can I buy a front splitter and hood?

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a front splitter and hood?