Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Track Trailer Tie Down Questions:

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Default E-Track Trailer Tie Down Questions:

With all the trailer threads I have a couple questions on E-track.

I have the 28' enclosed Pace and I was going to install some extra tie downs so I have other options for strapping down different style cars, motorcycles, ATVs... ect. I was also thinking about maybe going with E-track though. I found 5' sections for about $14.

When you installed the E-track, how did you fasten it to the floor? Did you install it through the frame rails or use some kind of backing plate? Where did you place the E-track, more in the middle or further out near the walls? And, is the E-track worth the cost or should I just bolt some tiedowns in different places and call it a day? Any other pro and cons with E-track?

Thanks,
Ed
Old 02-27-2008, 09:51 AM
racerbob4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E track is nice, we use it on the walls for our cross bars to mount into, for our tire rack. When you put any type of tie down mount on the floor you need to have thru bolting with either a huge washer behind it or a steel plate to help spread out the load and to keep the bolt from pulling thru the plywood floor. Even better drill thru the longways trailer frame which is steel and even stronger. I would bolt down a 5' section at least in 3 places, both ends and middle.
Our tire race consists of two adjustable cross bars that are the type that moving companies use and they slip right into the E track. We have it mounted at the rear of the trailer. The cross bars can be easily removed if you are using the trailer for other purposes. Its about the cheapest and best tire rack ive seen. Good luck. Bob
Old 02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
0C5stein
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My E-track is about 3.5' apart from each other (1.75' from the trailer centerline. I bolted through the floor and cross members and ran it from my workbench up front to the back door. We usually strap from the floor to the frame of the car. Some guys go throught the wheels, but my concern is pulling the alignment out of wack.

We also ran it down the walls about 2' and 4' off of the floor in the areas that we could tie items off to the walls.

Last edited by C5stein; 02-27-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Great... thanks for the info guys.

I don't think I can go wrong with some e track in the trailer. Good Idea about the walls for extra tie down points.

Get notified of new replies

To E-Track Trailer Tie Down Questions:

Quick Reply: E-Track Trailer Tie Down Questions: