Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guest Days at Lime Rock

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 PM
sefa01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Default Guest Days at Lime Rock

For anyone who's interested in making Skip Barber richer, this may be for you:

Guest Member Days with The Club at Lime Rock Park
In July 2007, Track President, Skip Barber, unveiled “The Club at Lime Rock Park,” an exclusive, members-only motorsports club for automotive enthusiasts. The Club is open to drivers of all skill levels and caters to men and women who drive high-performance vehicles and want to use the track for personal enjoyment as well as networking.

Are you interested? The Club at Lime Rock Park has announced a new program for prospective members – an opportunity to drive the track. If you or someone you know is serious in considering a membership, sign up for a Guest Member Day. The fee for a Guest Member Day is $2,000, which can be applied to the membership initiation fee when you join The Club. Memberships to The Club carry a one-time fee of $110,000 which includes applicable Connecticut Dues Tax of $10,000. The length of membership is fifty years, and can be passed down in the immediate family or resold through The Club. For more information visit www.limerockclub.com.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:40 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yea just ran out and Next Day mailed the money Skip can JAM it! I won't even do a half day there.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:47 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sefa01
Guest Member Days with The Club at Lime Rock Park
In July 2007, Track President, Skip Barber, unveiled “The Club at Lime Rock Park,” an exclusive, members-only motorsports club for automotive enthusiasts. The fee for a Guest Member Day is $2,000, which can be applied to the membership initiation fee when you join The Club. Memberships to The Club carry a one-time fee of $110,000 which includes applicable Connecticut Dues Tax of $10,000. The length of membership is fifty years, and can be passed down in the immediate family or resold through The Club. For more information visit www.limerockclub.com.

$2,000 for a GUEST MEMBER DAY???? Damn that better come with LOLA powered AER LMP II car to use as well.

Oh wait, those Ferrari owners have $2,000 grand for walking around pocket change. My mistake.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:35 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmmm..... $2000 for a "guest day" at LRP or ten track days at $200 each at other tracks. Think I know which way I'm going.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 PM
ace996
Pro

Shame, I was just getting to really learn that track...at least NJ has something to keep us entertained.
Be good,
TomK
Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

I knew I should have built a race track. I even knew of a couple to buy, but no one believed me.

Of course, back then, we could do a practice day for $25.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Steve L
Racer

www.monticellomotorclub.com it's going to be 10x the track !
Old 02-29-2008, 09:25 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I really don't know what to say, simply unbelievable. It is not like it is a decent facility or anything!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:16 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard that Lime Rock is shutting down right after Memorial Day for about a month to completely resurface the track and "add a few turns". I have no idea if that's true or whether they are modifying the layout, extending the track, etc. Years back they had floated a proposal to build out and add about another mile of track out past Big Bend. But I heard that was shot down by the locals. I wonder if they finally got approval to do that and if there might be an alternative configuration in the future there.

Just curious if anyone else heard about this.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Steve L
Racer

Originally Posted by FasterIsBetter
I heard that Lime Rock is shutting down right after Memorial Day for about a month to completely resurface the track and "add a few turns". I have no idea if that's true or whether they are modifying the layout, extending the track, etc. Years back they had floated a proposal to build out and add about another mile of track out past Big Bend. But I heard that was shot down by the locals. I wonder if they finally got approval to do that and if there might be an alternative configuration in the future there.

Just curious if anyone else heard about this.

They are going to resurface the track but that is it !
Old 02-29-2008, 03:51 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think racing in Vietnam would be better. They would have a better bathroom instead of a guy putting up poly on the opening and a toaster with the door open for a heater Hope it falls flat on it's face financially with his Skiparoo idea.

Get notified of new replies

To Guest Days at Lime Rock

Quick Reply: Guest Days at Lime Rock