Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just set my personal best laptime this morning

Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default I just set my personal best laptime this morning

What a great morning it was here in north Texas. Wonderful weather, thus a good day to run the track. I took my '04 GTO to MSR and ran three sessions. The first two sessions I didn't have the G2X working but I figured it out for the third. I was rewarded with seeing a 1:35 on the screen on my third lap! I'm pretty happy with the time since this is a stock GTO with HP plus front pads and half tread Kumho 255 SPX tires.

What's interesting to me is that I simplified my driving technique by concentrating on braking and corner entry rather that down shifting and was able to really improve on those corners where I could do that. They were my biggest problem corners anyway. Now I'm only 20 seconds off Lou Gigliotti's WC Vette track record. Overall I feel I had a really good day and I learned a lot. I figure I easily have 2-3 seconds more to trim from the lap. I think I'd be pretty happy with a low 1:30 time for a street trim GTO.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, great to see another fellow corvette owner so passionate about lowering lap times. Well Done!

Do you have the display for the RacePak?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Thanks. Yes, I have the display. I didn't think that you had to set the start/finish line every time for the same track. The last time I used it I was on the same track so I figured it had all the info it needed but I guess I was wrong.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:10 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The most fun in life is bettering yourself. I don't think bettering is a word, disclaimer no sexual content.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To I just set my personal best laptime this morning

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I just set my personal best laptime this morning