Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data Logger

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Lan.Jet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Data Logger

I am looking for a data/video logger. I have looked at Aim,Traqmate and racreye. Does anyone have an opinion on theses?
Thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Jason Staley
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

I just have the basic Traqmate for use at HPDE's so I can review my driving at a later time. It doesn't have an in car screen. Just mount the unit with velcro, mount the gps sensor, push record and forget about it. The software that comes with it is super easy to use.

I don't have mine connected to a video camera yet, but I'm considering doing this soon and also connecting my Tach to it also. For an ametaur that only makes it to few driving events a year it fits my needs.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
jlucas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Software is where you extract your benefit of having a data logger. Make sure you try using the ones you are considering.

DL1 was my choice. Also happens to be what Phoenix (SCCA) and all the GM supported Grand Am Cup teams use as well. If you want some sample data just send me an email.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the money, AIM makes a nice system. Especially because you get a display that can be your full dash even with the base system. I've also used their $2200 system that has a few more bells and whistles. AIM also has the best manual I've seen which is important. I've used PI Research on cars and the manual is crap which makes the system much harder to use.
I've used the AIM dash as a stand alone system on racecars.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:00 PM
VettesRule
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use RacePak's G2X, it is great and easy to use but doesn't have video.

Get notified of new replies

To Data Logger

Quick Reply: Data Logger