Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRM at Le Mans 1995

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default DRM at Le Mans 1995

scroll down second picture

http://www.badboyvettes.com/main/main.php?m=home

Randy who were the other drivers?

Last edited by John Shiels; 03-11-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
ctk30
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_lemanspictures.htm
Old 03-11-2008, 10:13 AM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! Thats a dream come true
Old 03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

John,
That's pretty cool that they put that car in badboys site. They pretty much listed all the drivers. We couldn't afford to bring more drivers or crew members. We worked hard, spent as much as we could, and did about the best we could for the conditions. We only tested the car twice before it made it to europe, but that's what happens. All and all it was a good experience for us and most likely will not be returning to LeMans.
I had to stay back here and watch the shop because everyone went over there. I remember going to the airport at about midnight, driving the old shop truck to an airplane. And loading it myself, it had enough parts to rebuild the car.
Running the engine to 8750 rpm on open headers out the back door of our shop, was something I wish everyone could have heard-felt. We made some runs without the resistor, it was crazy!
The car is still being raced today, by Heinz Roth in Switerland and sports a SBC2 engine making some pretty crazy horsepower. It takes one hell of a car to beat this one!!!

Randy

Last edited by Randy@DRM; 03-11-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
John,
That's pretty cool that they put that car in badboys site. They pretty much listed all the drivers. We could afford to bring more drivers or crew members. We worked hard, spent as much as we could, and did about the best we could for the conditions. We only tested the car twice before it made it to europe, but that's what happens. All and all it was a good experience for us and most likely will not be returning to LeMans.
I had to stay back here and watch the shop because everyone went over there. I remember going to the airport at about midnight, driving the old shop truck to an airplane. And loading it myself, it had enough parts to rebuild the car.
Running the engine to 8750 rpm on open headers out the back door of our shop, was something I wish everyone could have heard-felt. We made some runs without the resistor, it was crazy!
The car is still being raced today, by Heinz Roth in Switerland and sports a SBC2 engine making some pretty crazy horsepower. It takes one hell of a car to beat this one!!!

Randy
Never say never you are young, go for it!
Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That's great stuff.

Thanks for the link.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:59 PM
jdc
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

That's super cool !
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
abc 123
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
John,
That's pretty cool that they put that car in badboys site. They pretty much listed all the drivers. We could afford to bring more drivers or crew members. We worked hard, spent as much as we could, and did about the best we could for the conditions. We only tested the car twice before it made it to europe, but that's what happens. All and all it was a good experience for us and most likely will not be returning to LeMans.

Randy

Randy, what is even worse is nobody knows about it.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Never say never you are young, go for it!
You are right! Sorry, this took a lot of effort and $$$ to make happen. If we were going to do it again, we would take what we have learned and make it better. It would take a huge sponser or us winning the lottery, but we would do it again if the right deal came along. This was Doug's dream from a long time ago, we went, we raced, we did ok for the times.

Randy
Old 03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

http://www.wigetracing.ch/site/fotoalbum/2005_vem.htm
http://www.auto-rennsport-page.de/bi...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Here is the car today!!!

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To DRM at Le Mans 1995

Quick Reply: DRM at Le Mans 1995