Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here sell Schroth products?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Anyone here sell Schroth products?

I have two Schroth harnesses to install. Unfortunately my new seat on the driver's side had to be mounted too close to accommodate the eye bolts for the clip-in lap belt attachment. I need to get new lap belts with flat mounts to attach with a standard seat belt bolt.

Can anyone here help? Schroth has been less than helpful, I assume they want to sell me a whole new harness...

I don't have the model number but I'll post later when I get home. It's a cam lock 6-pt.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
WONIT84
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default scroth harness

Try HMS Motorsport in Ma. 888-467-3269
Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
I have two Schroth harnesses to install. Unfortunately my new seat on the driver's side had to be mounted too close to accommodate the eye bolts for the clip-in lap belt attachment. I need to get new lap belts with flat mounts to attach with a standard seat belt bolt.

Can anyone here help? Schroth has been less than helpful, I assume they want to sell me a whole new harness...

I don't have the model number but I'll post later when I get home. It's a cam lock 6-pt.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

are you laps too short or sew ins? If they are long enough just go to simpson or racer parts wholesale or pagasus and buy the flat boltin anchors as needed and use the triple adjuster to monitor the length. Or you cna remount the eyebolts for proper clip in.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WONIT84
Try HMS Motorsport in Ma. 888-467-3269
That's where I purchased mine for the best price.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Bill Hetzel
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, what BillyBob said.
Even if the snap in anchor is sewn in, and you have enough belt length, you could pull the stiching and remove the anchor.
Then there are 2 ways to mount it. You can bolt the flat end plate ( Pegasus p/n 2385, 3"belt) and thread the belt thru it and use the wide 3 bar adjuster (p/n 2380) to tighten it all up.

The other way is to use 2 endplates and before tightening the bolt, slip the belt thru the holes in both endplates over the top of one and back thru the hole in the other. Then tighten the bolt and this will lock the belt in place. This is the way a lot of the formula car belts (like Willians) are mounted.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:56 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
are you laps too short or sew ins? If they are long enough just go to simpson or racer parts wholesale or pagasus and buy the flat boltin anchors as needed and use the triple adjuster to monitor the length. Or you cna remount the eyebolts for proper clip in.
The length is ok, but the clip is sewn in. I have a plate I could use, but I'd have to cut the brackets off of the current belts with no way to re-install the new plates. I've thought about an adapter bracket but space is tight in there.

I'm not willing to relocate the bolt, there's not another spot down there that is strong enough to use.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:03 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bill Hetzel
Yea, what BillyBob said.
Even if the snap in anchor is sewn in, and you have enough belt length, you could pull the stiching and remove the anchor.
Then there are 2 ways to mount it. You can bolt the flat end plate ( Pegasus p/n 2385, 3"belt) and thread the belt thru it and use the wide 3 bar adjuster (p/n 2380) to tighten it all up.
I looked at cutting the clip out, sliding the flat plate in (I have lots of them), and using a 3 bar adjuster to hold it in. I just like the idea of having a new piece with the correct hardware sewn in. It's safety critical, just overkill for peace of mind.

I wouldn't think that one lap belt would be expensive, but nobody wants to sell just that part...I'll call HMS before I give up.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
I looked at cutting the clip out, sliding the flat plate in (I have lots of them), and using a 3 bar adjuster to hold it in. I just like the idea of having a new piece with the correct hardware sewn in. It's safety critical, just overkill for peace of mind.

I wouldn't think that one lap belt would be expensive, but nobody wants to sell just that part...I'll call HMS before I give up.
Talk to Joe at HMS. I'm 90% sure that if your belts are within the proper age they can put new sewin to your spec as long as you got enough belt length. When I ordered from Joe he could make the belts any length I wanted for sewin's
Old 03-14-2008, 08:55 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Talk to Joe at HMS. I'm 90% sure that if your belts are within the proper age they can put new sewin to your spec as long as you got enough belt length. When I ordered from Joe he could make the belts any length I wanted for sewin's
Turned out to be a good tip. Called HMS yesterday and they can send just the specific belt I need.

Thanks guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone here sell Schroth products?

Quick Reply: Anyone here sell Schroth products?