Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Kill Switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:27 PM
GS348
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery Kill Switch

Interested in putting one of these on my car. Any pictures of them installed on a C4? And how it was installed/easy/difficult?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:38 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Race car or street car, relocated battery or stock.
Mat
Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
TRACKMAN2
Burning Brakes

just did mine today!!! i fabbed a bracket out of 1/8 plate and 1 3/4 in exaust clamp to mount the switch to the roll bar then i ran the positive batery cable and an elongated red wire from the alternator to one post and the wire from the car that used to go to the alt and wire that went from the car to the positive terminal to other ... i put mine on the driver side make sure your santioning body doesent specify a location...
Old 03-15-2008, 10:57 PM
GS348
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MAC95 6SPD
Race car or street car, relocated battery or stock.
Mat
Street Car w/ some occasional track time. Battery is in the stock location.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
GS348
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRACKMAN2
just did mine today!!! i fabbed a bracket out of 1/8 plate and 1 3/4 in exaust clamp to mount the switch to the roll bar then i ran the positive batery cable and an elongated red wire from the alternator to one post and the wire from the car that used to go to the alt and wire that went from the car to the positive terminal to other ... i put mine on the driver side make sure your santioning body doesent specify a location...

Pictures would be awesome; this sounds interesting.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Z07coupe
Racer

I am also considering a battery kill switch. On a track car, but battery is in stock location. I don't have my A pillar bars in yet to mount kill switch. I was thinking about a kill switch on a radio delete plate. Would also love any photos from anyone. Also photos of radio delete plate, with or without gauges or switches that anyone has modified.

Trackman2- I think we have been on the same wavelink over a variety of topics. You're always on time. Love your avatar.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:17 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

GS348,
The first thing you need to decide on is where to mount it. The point of a kill switch is to allow some one from the outside to shut the car off for you in the case of an emergency. For most it is mounted on the roll bar in the window opening. Many sanctioning bodies ask for them to be mounted below the windshield but with the clamshell hood thats not possible for us.
The ones on my race car is mounted to the roll bar in the passenger window. I use a 4 post switch, two small posts and two large. The large posts are from the hot side of the battery and then to the starter. The small posts are for the wire to the alternator. So when the switch is off both the battery and the alternator wires to the starter are broken.

Mat
Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 PM
GS348
Burning Brakes

Default MAC95......Thank you

I think I may go with your recommendation, but I'll mount them on my harness bar since I currently do not have a roll bar. I'm still playing around with this one, but I think it will be pretty trick.....and functional.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Kill Switch

Quick Reply: Battery Kill Switch