Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 to C5 rear brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

Default C4 to C5 rear brakes?

Will the C5 rear caliper fit on the rear of the C4? Or could the C5 rear rotor be used in place of the C4 rear rotor with the stock rear C4 caliper? The C4 rotors cost twice as much as the C5 so I'd like to convert. I don't have a parking brake so that is not an issue.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Will the C5 rear caliper fit on the rear of the C4? Or could the C5 rear rotor be used in place of the C4 rear rotor with the stock rear C4 caliper? The C4 rotors cost twice as much as the C5 so I'd like to convert. I don't have a parking brake so that is not an issue.
Anything's possible. I put Wilwoods on the back of mine. I had to fabricate/machine a new bearing carrier/caliper bracket, but it all works. It just depends on how much effort someone is willing to put into it. If you do convert yours, please put some pictures up. Custom projects are a nice change of pace to see on the forum.

Quick Reply: C4 to C5 rear brakes?