Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheels & brake pads suggestions

Old 03-18-2008, 03:02 AM
TWC5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels & brake pads suggestions

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice on wheels and brake pads. Thou I wouldn't call my previous bolt on mods mistakes (exhaust, short throw, CAI), I think my priority needs to be driving better.

Wheels:
I want a set of CCW track wheels with sticky tires, but the wheels may need to one day accommodate larger brake calipers. While I'm not upgrading the clamps right now, I need sizing suggestions from guys running 4-pot or 6-pot calipers. Also, is it possible running 17s on 4 corners w/ my reservation in mind, or must the fronts go to 18s?

Another question on the CCW wheels... if I buy the package, would the wheels come with O2 sensors?

Brake Pads:
Which Hawk pad or suitable brand should I use if the car will be driven to/from the track too? I do live at Canada, so it's a bit colder. Any recommended vendors to buy from?

I've been away from home and the car for three long years. It's good to return to the CF community!

DC
Old 03-18-2008, 03:22 AM
TWC5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a better search and found good answers. Mod please close / delete, as I can't seem to find the delete button.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 08:16 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 76 Posts

I assume you have a C6-Z06. The CCW 18s will fit over almost any brake package including 15" brembos. But you can call John at CCW and he can answer all of your questions and supply you with tires, sensors and wheels. Great guy to work with. Hope this helps. JD
Old 03-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

His profile say 2000 Coupe - but not sure if that is updated.

I run 17 in CCW on all 4 with Wilwood setup. I use a small spacer on the rear to clear the rear caliper. The front I have no issue with them. John@CCW is always very helpful so I would call him before making any decision (he made my T10s custom to fit over my wilwoods so I know they can do anything down there).

Looking at tire pricing yesterday I am glad that I run 17s all around. There is a nice savings
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

go 18" CCW call John

Get notified of new replies

To wheels & brake pads suggestions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wheels & brake pads suggestions