Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Wilwood users

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
blue383
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Wilwood users

I have the 13" front kit from Wilwood with SL6 calipers, installed last spring. I have had a problem with the copper clips on the caliper that contact the edges of the pads. The clips on the calipers get pushed sideways towards the rotor face and then are worn down by the rotor. Both times it was a top clip. I am wondering if this is related to tight fitting pads. All pads in these calipers are so tight that I must file the edges of the backplate to get them in without using a hammer. I had called Wilwood when I first installed the kit and they said the pads should be a tight fit even though the instructions for the kit say they should slide in easily. I have used Wilwood & Porterfield pads and all were tight.
Has anyone had problems with their clips moving? Is the tight pad fit normal? I am considering just using one clip on the top since the top gets all of the braking force - any reason not to do this?
Old 03-19-2008, 01:27 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

not normal any pictures?
Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
blue383
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I have pics but I can't post attachments - is there a way around this?
Old 03-20-2008, 03:43 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

email them t me gs96c599@aol.com label it BRAKE PICTURES***************** so I don't miss it.

Get notified of new replies

To Question for Wilwood users

Quick Reply: Question for Wilwood users