Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lime Rock Is Sold Out

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:13 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lime Rock Is Sold Out

Lime rock PDA, April 12 is sold for the rookie class. I hope it's not raining or snowing for that matter I can see it now, all of us rookies skidding off the track. Is anyone familiar with the track conditions at that time of the year?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

have any brackets for a snow plow on the car?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Dave Deerson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget about the lunch-time snowman building contest!!
Also,manditory drive thru pitstops halfway between sesssions to check for frostbite!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave D.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:56 PM
SweetSavannah
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
Lime rock PDA, April 12 is sold for the rookie class. I hope it's not raining or snowing for that matter I can see it now, all of us rookies skidding off the track. Is anyone familiar with the track conditions at that time of the year?
Plus, they've already started to move dirt around for the new track configuration and repaving scheduled for June; e.g., the old infield bridge is gone.

So, given Northwest CT weather, you may be driving in mud up to your axles, if you venture off-course.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

what new configuration?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt think this would go ahead. One benefit to the ridiculous club membership which is said to pay for the changes. Like the man in question doenst have the money anyway.
Any pics of the changes to date?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

SCDA has their first LRP date sold out as well. The next one is May 9th.
http://www.scda1.com/schedule/
Old 03-27-2008, 12:27 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

amazes me this place sells out...just can't figure it out. You would think WG would sell out faster as it's about 100 times better, but it's the opposite. You can always get a late registration in at most WG events.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 95jersey
amazes me this place sells out...just can't figure it out. You would think WG would sell out faster as it's about 100 times better, but it's the opposite. You can always get a late registration in at most WG events.
Bigger track so more cars on track at the Glen. Also it is removed from a huge population center of Metro NY NJ CT. The Glen is really a 4 day event to run two days with the traveling. Not worth running one day for all the travel. LRP is just a one day deal for me as is Pocono. I can even skip the hotel if I want although it is nice to be rested to run. 2.5-3 hours to a track in the early morning is OK. 6-7 hours travel and then run is not for me. Then after running two days who wants to drive home for 7+ hours? I like it and have been there twice but it's a half a week gone which is hard to do. It is the same time wise if I went to VIR four days although the trip is much more. Plus you can bring a dogs to VIR
Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

You guys need to come up to NHMS, Loudon NH. Better track, better local accomondations plenty of lobster down the street from the track:
http://www.eatalobster.com/
Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ghoffman
You guys need to come up to NHMS, Loudon NH. Better track, better local accomondations plenty of lobster down the street from the track:
http://www.eatalobster.com/
I hate Lobster but would like to get there this year sometime to run

One old pet that need s special care left so I am restricted in traveling, hard even for a day. I hate running without my co-piolt as she drives and I sleep at times.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
RMVette06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the deal with the "new configuration" I havent heard anything about this.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:26 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

John Berger (SweetSavannah) knows the deal. He was describing it to me the other day. It sounded like it will be much tighter and will have a couple more LH turns. The left hander is now 90 degrees, makes a right and left and "no name straight" is now actually straight. West bend now goes through (like you would before if your brakes failed) to where the sign up booth was and comes back before the diving turn. No word though on having a real bathroom that doesn't need biohazard labels....
Old 03-28-2008, 08:45 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

John Berger (SweetSavannah) knows the deal. He was describing it to me the other day. It sounded like it will be much tighter and will have a couple more LH turns. The left hander is now 90 degrees, makes a right and left and "no name straight" is now actually straight. West bend now goes through (like you would before if your brakes failed) to where the sign up booth was and comes back before the diving turn. No word though on having a real bathroom that doesn't need biohazard labels....
That means the history of the track is now gone when you change the configuration to compare it over the years. The bathroom is third world at best and a bad third world!
Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RMVette06
Whats the deal with the "new configuration" I havent heard anything about this.
In the mid 50s, the track had a larger course cut through the wooded area, but the actual course was cut short to todays configuration. Its been told over the years that if you walked back there you would see the cut path. Its shown in the Lime Rock book. Wont show on google earth because of over growth. The plan is to go back to the original inception with the track going straight past turn one and coming back at turn two or the esses area. Would be nice if they kept the original and just added as described. A two course option as on some other tracks.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:54 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

As far as the restroom facilities are concerned. I think the track owner could sell one of his million dollar cars, add respectable facilities and still have some money left over.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

With the amount of time that Paul Newman has spent there, you would have thought his food company could have sponsored a restaurant that serves his products like the salad dressings and lemonade, and has respectable sanitary facilities.

Get notified of new replies

To Lime Rock Is Sold Out

Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

With the amount of time that Paul Newman has spent there, you would have thought his food company could have sponsored a restaurant that serves his products like the salad dressings and lemonade, and has respectable sanitary facilities.
If I had his money I would have built a bathroom and charged 25 cents and given it to charity. He would of had millions by now! Straightening the esses sucks it would get wild back there at times.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
SweetSavannah
Racer

Originally Posted by John Shiels
what new configuration?
I actually have a PDF map from the architect if someone can tell me how to post the file or host it for me.

The good news is that the new configuration does not eradicate the old one. As I understand it, clubs can elect the configuration they want to run, which may include all new, all old, or a combination as the pavement overlaps in many places.

The big changes are:

Left hander has been made 90deg. w/ 2nd gear left/right chicane leading to No-Name straight

2. No-Name is straight, not kinked.

3. Uphill is sharper w/ right/left combo heading onto old back straight.

4. West Bend continues out onto old pavement before toll booths, then sharp right/left back to pavement under bridge.

5. There are 2 pit -ins; the new config just before bridge; the old just after bridge; the bridge is being widened and re-located.

6. All pavement is 40' wide which widens almost the whole track except the front straight which is already 40' wide.

HTH!

- JB
Old 03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

John email it to gs96c599@aol.com

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Is Sold Out