Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 07" Z-06 Tie Down Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:31 PM
alavette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 07" Z-06 Tie Down Help

Looking for the suggestions where and how to tie down Z-06 to open trailer?? Trailer is equip with d-rings and side lugs.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 05:37 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by alavette
Looking for the suggestions where and how to tie down Z-06 to open trailer?? Trailer is equip with d-rings and side lugs.

Thanks
Use the factory frame holes with T-Hooks just like the haulers use on the semi's. I cross the straps front and rear and it never moves.

You should be able to get the hooks at any trailer supply company. After tied down, remember to set parking brake and leave in neutral so the car doesn't rock on the trans gears.

Aaron
Old 03-21-2008, 05:58 PM
C5 XTC
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rasrboy
Use the factory frame holes with T-Hooks just like the haulers use on the semi's. I cross the straps front and rear and it never moves.

You should be able to get the hooks at any trailer supply company. After tied down, remember to set parking brake and leave in neutral so the car doesn't rock on the trans gears.

Aaron
I use that set up with an open trailer and my 07. Works great. Get good tie downs. Got mine from Discovery Parts (G Force $23 each) but any reputable manufacturer will work.
C5 XTC
Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

t-hooks from Norther Tool. 5000 lb ratchet race car tie down straps also Nothern tool

Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
t-hooks from Norther Tool. 5000 lb ratchet race car tie down straps also Nothern tool

That's the good stuff right there buddy. Thanks for posting pics for him Tom. My trailer is 30 miles across town.

PERFECT SETUP!

Aaron
Old 03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
alavette
Advanced

Thanks for the input and the pic's looks like there is no question on the proper method!

Thanks Again,
Dave
Old 03-22-2008, 11:09 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Photo of rear

Note:

Once you have the perfect distance set up for the front, many ppl use a chain. t-hook on the car side and other hook with clasp on the tie down side D-ring.

Then only the 5000 lb ratchets on the back.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 03-22-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
AndyF-Dallas
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by alavette

Thanks
When I bought my Sloan Texas Rollback trailer last year he sold me on the use of tire straps as thsi lets the car move on the suspension. Mr. Sloan said that tying down the chasis makes the car part of the trailer and therefore raises the center of gravity...which would not be a good thing if your get in a precarious situation. After lowering my car to the max, I now put straps through the wheels for same effect.

This is my preference and it makes sense to me!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 07" Z-06 Tie Down Help

Quick Reply: C6 07" Z-06 Tie Down Help