Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** ECS 2nd 427 this week Prelim Numbers ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Default *** ECS 2nd 427 this week Prelim Numbers ***

The ECS LS7-427 build rolled out of the shop and hit the dyno today. The car was on the load dyno for some time today breaking in the engine. Load bearing is sweet and watching it in action is pretty cool especially when its your car.

As I stated in the title this is the 2nd 427 this week. A customer had his completed this week too so we had some numbers to guess at with mine. His numbers were 550 rwhp and 550 rwtq.

Doug@ECS made some assumptions in the different setups and said my rwhp numbers would be higher and the rwtq would be lower. Well of course the tuner knows his stuff and although these are only prelim numbers they came in at 565 rwhp and 540 rwtq.

Before anyone asks what the differences are I will fill you in what the differences are that I can think of off the top of my head:

Headers
Cats
Heads
Oil system
Gearing

Again these are prelim numbers and will change some over the next week. Next week we will be at Pocono doing data logging and seeing how the vararam at higher speeds affects the tune. From there we will zero in more.

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag yet, but Doug and I talked about adding one more change to my car before WGI in April that will raise the bar once again. Everyone will have to wait to see what it is, but what we are adding will improve engine effeciency and thus I will net more POWER (look for a new thread on this in the future)

So back to the current car - The dry sump system is very sweet. I have to give Johnny@ECS a ton of credit for making this happen. His dedication to this build is why this car is one of the best setups out there hands down. Having a 427 pushing these numbers is sweet, but then add the dry sump oiling system and all of the other extra components and I am confident that this setup will be track worthy for some time.

I guess I should also mention thanks to Doug@ECS for his time and effort, but we already know he is a great tuner. At one time today the car was sitting at idle and I couldnt believe how calm it was. Of course that calm turn nasty when we got into the higher rpms

Trick Flows

Power Steering Pump ebing swapped

Oil tank from the bottom

Yahoo its back together

Waiting for the dyno runs

Last edited by Wicked Weasel; 03-22-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice numbers should be an exciting year with all the new cars coming online!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:34 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

"seeing how the vararam at higher speeds affects the tune"

I would be very interested in your results on this issue.

Thanks,
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
"seeing how the vararam at higher speeds affects the tune"

I would be very interested in your results on this issue.

Thanks,

Doug and I were talking about this earlier. The tune is very conservative right now because 1 it is new engine and 2 we want to see what results we get from the data logging.

From past experience Doug knew where he could be and stay in the safe zone, but the data logging will give him more information.

In the end the car will never be pushed to show big HP numbers that is not the intention of the car. As we know reliablity and longevity is the name of the game so we are far less concerned with the end numbers.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:47 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

why is there an oil line from the bottom of the tank to the pan? Is it using the factory style dry sump?

Last edited by trackboss; 03-22-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: n
Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
why is there an oil line from the bottom of the tank to the pan? Is it using the factory style dry sump?
I believe that is the case. He said stock in the other thread.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by trackboss
Originally Posted by John Shiels
I believe that is the case. He said stock in the other thread.
yes it is using the LS7 dry sump setup.

Get notified of new replies

To *** ECS 2nd 427 this week Prelim Numbers ***

Quick Reply: *** ECS 2nd 427 this week Prelim Numbers ***