Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2 questions

1 related to autocross and one kinda not

i aligned my car a few weeks ago at work with my weight in the driver seat. i got to thinking on my way home that most of the time i'll have a passenger in the seat. my question, would it be better to realign it with the weight of my passenger in the seat as well or am i good to go?

second question, should i throw the underdrive pully on before or after a dyno tune? i was thinking it would be better before the tune. i am still up in the air as far as a cam, i do have a brand new stock LS2 cam laying around. i know the car has more power than i'm going to be able to use for the time being and it only takes me a few hours to swap cams in that thing so i can always do it down the road.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by CamaroAJ
1 related to autocross and one kinda not

i aligned my car a few weeks ago at work with my weight in the driver seat. i got to thinking on my way home that most of the time i'll have a passenger in the seat. my question, would it be better to realign it with the weight of my passenger in the seat as well or am i good to go?

second question, should i throw the underdrive pully on before or after a dyno tune? i was thinking it would be better before the tune. i am still up in the air as far as a cam, i do have a brand new stock LS2 cam laying around. i know the car has more power than i'm going to be able to use for the time being and it only takes me a few hours to swap cams in that thing so i can always do it down the road.
Hey AJ, hope all's well. For #1, I'd say leave it as-is. The only time you'll really notice the difference alignment-wise is after you've got a LOT of experience in the car. Once you really get serious, and are out there trying to really tie one on, you'll probably go sans passenger anyway. But, it's fine as-is.

As for the tune, I'd get it as close as possible to how you're intending to run it before the tune. Unlikely that it'll make a huge difference either way, but in general, that's what I hear folks recommend.

Either way, hope you have a great year out there wringing out your new toy! Let me know if you plan to come down to Nashville at all, I'm going to try to hit a few autoX events this year.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:56 PM
CamaroAJ
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i'll deffently let you know if/when i plan on comming down. if its like last year it will be towards the end of the year.

looks like i am going to install my underdrive pully soon then. good thing there not too bad to do. i think i may just for go the cam at this point. i can always do it later.

i'll run the car a few times and then change the alignment and see if i can feel any thing different. its not like thats hard either. we have a good machine at work and i already entered in my specs. so i can just pull them up for my car

Get notified of new replies

To 2 questions

Quick Reply: 2 questions