Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California region SCCA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default California region SCCA?

I'm headed out to Cali next weekend to visit my brother and we thought about stopping by and running the autocross event on Saturday/Sunday. Two problems-

1) the event is still listed as "tentative" and it's 10 days away
2) their webpage requires you to sign in to send any correspondence to the people who can actually answer my questions.

What the heck? Does anyone know if this event is happening?

http://www.solo2.com/eventpage.asp?eid={DC2B26DB-AE53-4EF8-B71A-E5F596BDD829}
Old 04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try calling the Cal Club office at Buttonwillow

(661)764-5945
Old 04-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

I will PM you a phone number to Steve Abbott who runs almost every one of these AXs.

Oli
Old 04-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Sweet! I love this forum!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

BTW, the Sat practice event (if happening) will fill up in advance. They all do. One can "drop in" on Sunday.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Bimota Guy
BTW, the Sat practice event (if happening) will fill up in advance. They all do. One can "drop in" on Sunday.
How can it fill up in advance if the GD'ed thing is "tentative" and there's no online registration?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Most practice events do not have online registration. When they flip the switch and put up the information there will be a place to mail in your name & check for the practice event. Its always first come first serve. Or should I say first checks recieved get on the list in the order they get them in the mail. There will be a cap of a number of drivers. Certain clubs allow advance registration for the particular club members first then open up to others.

Its very hard to get into practices as everyone is just waiting for the information to be posted and you have to have that check in the mail the moment it opens up or you miss out! Even then as everyone is sitting and waiting you can miss out! Check the site several times a day so not to miss out!

I looked on the forum board and did not see any posts regarding registration for the practice event. Once registration opens they will post on the forum, show a list of people who got in and who are on the waiting list...

The Championship Events are open to all, so once that opens up you can register online. Sometimes they just take their time to fill in all the names to get the event online and ready.

Last edited by Solo2GS; 04-02-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Reg is now open for the practice, and the event flier for sun is up.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Solo2GS
Most practice events do not have online registration. When they flip the switch and put up the information there will be a place to mail in your name & check for the practice event. Its always first come first serve. Or should I say first checks recieved get on the list in the order they get them in the mail. There will be a cap of a number of drivers. Certain clubs allow advance registration for the particular club members first then open up to others.

Its very hard to get into practices as everyone is just waiting for the information to be posted and you have to have that check in the mail the moment it opens up or you miss out! Even then as everyone is sitting and waiting you can miss out! Check the site several times a day so not to miss out!

I looked on the forum board and did not see any posts regarding registration for the practice event. Once registration opens they will post on the forum, show a list of people who got in and who are on the waiting list...

The Championship Events are open to all, so once that opens up you can register online. Sometimes they just take their time to fill in all the names to get the event online and ready.
What a retarded system.

Is there a registration form posted someplace? I found the bulletin, but no form.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Umrswimr
What a retarded system.

Is there a registration form posted someplace? I found the bulletin, but no form.
The system is (naturally) geard toward the locals, not out of towners. Also, try to rememebr it is all volunteer work. Many of these people don't even race, they just love the sport.

-Steve
2006-07 SCCA San Diego Region Solo Chairman
SCCA T1 Newbie Racer

Last edited by Bimota Guy; 04-02-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

The system is (naturally) geard toward the locals, not out of towners. Also, try to rememebr it is all volunteer work. Many of these people don't even race, they just love the sport.

-Steve
2006-07 SCCA San Diego Region Solo Chairman
SCCA T1 Newbie Racer
I understand, I guess I'm just used to the online registration system here in Dallas. Makes it a whole lot simpler for everyone- including the people hosting the event.

No biggie- I found the answers I needed on the CSCC forum page and my check's in the mail! Let's see if I make it in.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:32 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Many of these people don't even race, they just love the sport.

Not our club. They all race.

Steve
Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Not our club. They all race.

Steve
Well, I guess I stand corrected. I have been told by more than one local that several who work T&S and other functions at Cal Club auto-x events do not compete.

Get notified of new replies

To California region SCCA?

Quick Reply: California region SCCA?