Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adventures of a Pfadt customer in Qatar

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default Adventures of a Pfadt customer in Qatar

One of the fun things about owning Pfadt Racing is that we get to talk to great people doing interesting things with their Corvettes all over the world. It always reminds me of something that I learned when traveling in Europe working for DaimlerChrysler, people are the same everywhere. My friend Ameer lives in Qatar and competes with a bunch of other cars in a local racing league at Losail. Losail International Circuit opened in 2004 in Doha, Qatar. It primarily hosts MotoGP and Superbike World Championship (SBK), but has hosted events such as Grand Prix Masters and other regional events for cars.

Qatar is only about 50 miles wide, who knew

The Losail Track looks interesting. Ameer says that it is a little narrow because of being designed for motorcycles.

We talk frequently – usually at 2:00 in the morning Qatar time – about car setup, race prep and the fun of racing in general. The best part is that every time he sends me photos from the track, it could be here at Miller Motorsports in Utah or in the Middle East. It is just a bunch of guys having fun with their cars.

Ameer races both his Corvette and a highly modified Mitsu EVO7.

There seem to be a lot of Evos there in Qatar. Those things are typically very fast.

Lately Ameer has been concentrating on his 2006 Z06 Corvette in beautiful DSOM. He contacted Pfadt Race Engineering about some safety equipment needed to make his car legal for competition. In the ensuing months Ameer has installed a Pfadt chassis stiffening bar, Pfadt seat mounts and most recently a full set of Pfadt suspension.

About 2 weeks ago, I got an excited e-mail from Ameer after one of his races.

“Dear Aaron,
The car drive and control is fantastic, i can drive very fast on the corners and it does not skid, i have no under steer or over steer and in addition the car was very fast and the brakes were very good.
In the qualifying time i was first and i broke my last record by 4 sec. i got 2.21 min... “

“…WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TIMING? IT IS THE SECOND BEST EVER IN THIS CIRCUIT BY LESS THAN 1 SEC. DIFFERENT, I THINK I SHOULD NOT TOUCH THE COIL OVERS FOR NOW. “

The suspension obviously worked well. Unfortunately the day soon went south for Ameer and he had an engine failure that caused him to quit the race early.

Ameer's friend Tareq has a Z06 also. He also races with some Pfadt parts on his car.

He has been working frantically on getting the engine replaced, GM had one in Bahrain that they express shipped to him. If everything goes well, he’ll be back on the track for a night event on April 4th.

I’ll post some more pictures when I get them.

-Aaron
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Really Cool
Old 04-02-2008, 07:57 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Nice Post Aaron, my C/Os and sways are working great also. I need to give you a call. Talk to you soon JD

Last edited by JDIllon; 04-15-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default April 11th Race Update

Ameer wrote to give me an update on the April 11th race. He got the new engine and radiator installed in time for the event.

Hi Aaron,
The results of this race was great this time, I was the fastest in the qualifying time again and I broke my previous time to 2.20 sec. and started in the pole position but during the race with 10 fast cars behind me specially car number 1 the champ, I made small mistake by shifting gear from 4th. to 5th instead of to 3rd. in bend # 6 then 2 fast evolutions have over taken me, I have managed to correct my gear position and follow them fast, I have managed to recover 2nd. position and could not in the remaining 3 labs to retrieve the lead position. So, for the first time I was in the podium. Pls. see attached news paper and the results.

Our next race in Sep. I hope I will not make any mistake this time and I will be in first position.

Regards,
AMEER

This is Ameer and Tareq together

Here is the newspaper with the clipping!

Here are the qualifying results showing Ameer's 2:20 lap. Those EVOs are no match to a well driven Z.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:07 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Very
Old 04-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Leprkon
Melting Slicks

that is one beautiful facility !!! grats to Ameer !!

keep us posted on his progress.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very cool car, track, driver and report, thanks

Rick
Old 04-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Nice post, the Losail Track looks like a lot of fun!

Get notified of new replies

To Adventures of a Pfadt customer in Qatar

Quick Reply: Adventures of a Pfadt customer in Qatar