Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help and opinions on Car Paint.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:20 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help and opinions on Car Paint.

Well i hadn't planned on it this year but alittle funding has come avaible so i'm gona pull the trigger and Repaint my car.

Currently it's a form of Artic white. i'm not sure which i bought the car used built the way it is for AutoXing and Track days which it primarly dose with alittle pleasure driving if i get the chance. Well origionally the car was torch red and it shows.

So i'm tossing around with custom paint ideas or factory ones and possibly 2 tone painting Just in the areas for accent and also in area that get the worst damage so i could possibly repaint them easier down the road then trying to blend in one whole color again? what do you peeps think as far as paint goes and the 2 tone idea? any colors that will not show the pelting as quick?

I plan to put 3m tape on the car after the painting is done to help with the damage if at all possible.

I'm looking into some Lighter Blues, Whites, and Silvers, and mabey a few oranges. Ugg i'm just haveing a heck of a time with it. And anyone have some pics of 2 tone paint schemes like i described?

Or am i just foolish for going through all this? and just paint it back to white and repaint again when i finnally give up the track stuff?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the kind words earlier in my thread re: my paint job.

As far as your car, I cannot praise Adam Boca (NCM) enough for his help in my design and choosing colors. He has just currently finished up a scheme for snitz who is showcasing his C5 race car build now. Snitz saw my car early on in paint and called Adam immediately.

Adam can help with colors that will show better and areas that get more abuse. He can also share with you cheap but quality ways to accomplish your goals mentioned.

You can reach Adam at the Corvette Museum or feel free to PM me and I can discuss with you further.

Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 06:51 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Hi Todd,

Thank you for the kind words earlier in my thread re: my paint job.

As far as your car, I cannot praise Adam Boca (NCM) enough for his help in my design and choosing colors. He has just currently finished up a scheme for snitz who is showcasing his C5 race car build now. Snitz saw my car early on in paint and called Adam immediately.

Adam can help with colors that will show better and areas that get more abuse. He can also share with you cheap but quality ways to accomplish your goals mentioned.

You can reach Adam at the Corvette Museum or feel free to PM me and I can discuss with you further.

Mike
Get in touch with Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Randy
Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

Todd,

Let me know if I can help you out....

Adam
Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be great Adam i'll send you a PM
Old 04-05-2008, 11:00 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Check out Amorcoat as a overcoat to save your paint job.
Just had the front repainted, and this put on.
Used by several of the WC guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Help and opinions on Car Paint.

Quick Reply: Help and opinions on Car Paint.