Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video: New CMP w/SCCA

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default Video: New CMP w/SCCA

Hey guys - here's a video from Sundays race last weekend at the Buck Muse Memorial. The stupid video is truncated - Google is having some trouble at the moment, but I'll update it ASAP. It was my first time at the track, and my wife and I really enjoyed it!

The weather was crappy on Saturday and we ended up racing in the rain on 710's - not fun and I ran the most white-knuckle 2:16 ever run at CMP.

Sunday we qualified in the rain (I didn't take video - damn!) and I actually put myself on the overall pole (there were no other T1 cars there unfortunately) with a 1:59.994. Doesn't sound fast, but felt like I was flying in the rain! Going sideways through the kink with the wipers going is something everybody should do at least once.

The race Sunday was uneventful - except for the first lap where I got passed by 4 or 5 GT1/SPO cars, nearly took a ST C6 Z06 in the drivers door, and tried to drive it right off the track in the new turn 13. My best lap was a 1:43.414 which is about a half second of the current T1 record, so I was pretty happy with that.

Hope y'all enjoy - there's a longer writeup with some cool pics at www.VetteRacer.net.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice video....
Old 04-04-2008, 01:14 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job Mikah, Keep it up bro. I can relate to your start with GT1/SPO cars coming right buy. I just get the *%$#@ out of the way.

Aaron
Old 04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Video: New CMP w/SCCA

Quick Reply: Video: New CMP w/SCCA